Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sea King Venture 19??

Sea King Venture 19?? 2 years 8 months ago #145265

Another newb looking to learn more about a mystery boat.

Pretty sure is a late 50's / early 60's Montgomery Ward Sea King Sea Venture model. Just not sure exactly which model or year.

Found a picture of one from a brochure picture but I don't know the year of the brochure. Appears to be very similar but the bow light is not the same.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sea King Venture 19?? 2 years 8 months ago #145267

Have you checked the Glassic Library on this site? It should be one of the tabs across the top.

Bob

Sea King Venture 19?? 2 years 8 months ago #145269

Yes.

There are some gaps in the coverage of model years in the library. 1960, 62, and 63 are missing. The closest I found is the one I snagged along with the picture.

However looking again I see the library has this catalog image as a 61. Missed that earlier So... am thinking the boat is from one of these missing model years. Images I have found from later years seem to be more lap strakes style hulls with different badging. I know the motor is a 58 Mark 78 so am guessing the boat would be closer to that year and so a 60?

Honestly I need to crawl around inside some more. A preliminary once over after dropping it at the cabin didn't yield a manufacturers plate but have to believe it's in there somewhere. Trying to learn what I can now by looking for similar images until I can make it back to the cabin.

Sea King Venture 19?? 2 years 8 months ago #145279

Yeah sorry, threw it out there quick, I didn't get a chance to look in there. I don't believe it's a Sea Vanture as the bow stem is all wrong. Yours is much sleaker where the Sea Venture is more bowed. Also the Shas a hard chine that runs forwardea Venture then curves up toward the bow. The boat you have has a soft/round chine with more like a built in splash rail built in that stops at the first step pad. Some folks more smarter than me should chime in soon with more help hopefully.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7772 guests and one member online