Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Titling a boat in NC that never had a title

Titling a boat in NC that never had a title 2 years 8 months ago #145086

First, Hello Everyone

I just bought a 1990 Ouachita 14' fiberglass boat. The application for a title asks for the model number of the boat. This boat has had 3 previous owners, has been repainted, and has never had a title. Does anyone know (or know where to find) the model # for this boat? Is it even required for a tile in NC? I've searched a lot online but found nothing helpful. It would be great if the model number wasn't important, but I don't want to burn through more than one vacation day going back and forth to the titling office, etc., to get the boat title and registered.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Titling a boat in NC that never had a title 2 years 8 months ago #145164

Ughh I feel for you. Massachusetts is a pain as well. My old Whitehouse was unregistered for 10 yrs. I had the prior reg and the copy of the title application in my name. I just didn't have the actual title. I had to retitle the boat. MONEY! Best of luck

Titling a boat in NC that never had a title 2 years 8 months ago #145198

Thanks. This boat was apparently registered at one time. I got the registration number from the Bill of Sale (I now have both the Bill of Sale that the last owner received, and the one for the transfer to me. Good thing, too. The last owner re-painted the boat and I have to put the NC registration number back on. I guess that 2" stick-on vinyl letter will be OK, with a couple of coats of clear urethane to seal them on, right?

Titling a boat in NC that never had a title 2 years 8 months ago #145205

• davidk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I think you need 3 inch numbers/letters. You can get a full decal made cheaper than buying individual letters. They stick fine, you don't need to seal them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaspar7

Titling a boat in NC that never had a title 2 years 8 months ago #145208

This sounds like the best way to get it done. Do I need one on each side of the boat, or is one sufficient?

Titling a boat in NC that never had a title 2 years 8 months ago #145211

• davidk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
One for each side. Most local print shops are familiar with making them (at least in boating areas) or you can order them online.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5645 guests and one member online