Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Door County Boat Festival 2021 It's on!

Door County Boat Festival 2021 It's on! 2 years 10 months ago #144864

• DCMM
  • DCMM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The Door County Maritime Museum's 30th Annual Wooden and Classic Boat Festival will take place on August 13 through 15, 2021 in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. Interesting boats of all kinds are welcome- classic wood, fiberglass, aluminum, as well as home-built and model boats. Vintage fishing equipment or outboards are also welcome. The museum really hopes to see lots of classic fiberglass this year. The Festival is more than a boat show, located in downtown Sturgeon Bay there is a lot to do for the entire family- kids included. The Festival wraps up Maritime Week, a week-long salute to the US Coast Guard. Don't miss it.

To register on-line or to simply get more information about the festival, check out the show's extensive website at:
https://doorcountyclassicboatfestival.com

New this year is the 10 story Jim Kress Maritime Lighthouse Tower and many new or refreshed displays within the museum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Door County Boat Festival 2021 It's on! 2 years 8 months ago #145189

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
I will be attending and displaying my Father’s 1955 Evinrude 15 fast twin and Starcraft fishing boat. It is unrestored. There will be amazing boats of all sorts and taste. Great show! I just want to show the simple family bond of having 5 generations use the same fishing boat that has traveled to many states and Canada many times in its life. It has likely traveled over 40,000 miles to different fishing spots… either on the roof of a car, inside or on top of a home made utility trailer or on its first boat trailer after it was 20 years old. This tiny 14 foot boat has fished Lake Michigan with down riggers for Steelhead fishing as well as inland lakes and rivers. I learned to waterski behind this rig in the late 60’s. Fishing helped feed our families during some rough years growing up, so this little boat means everything to me. Are any other members attending? It certainly is both a great show and also a great destination to spend a weekend. Hope to see some members either Saturday or Sunday! Tons of great boats and one of the most beautiful and fun places I have ever visited! They certainly know how to put on a great show!

Dr.Go!

Door County Boat Festival 2021 It's on! 2 years 8 months ago #145195

• DCMM
  • DCMM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
It will be great to see you again in Sturgeon Bay! Thanks for the kind endorsement of the Festival. There are lots of new things to see at the Museum and the grounds including the new 10 story Jim Kress Maritime Lighthouse Tower. Registration is still open and will remain open right up to Saturday morning at 10. As of today, we have about 40 boats planning to attend and we still have plenty of room for boats on trailers. Check it all out and register at: www.doorcountyclassicboatfestival.com

Door County Boat Festival 2021 It's on! 2 years 8 months ago #145249

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Don’t forget this weekend’s Sturgeon Bay show Saturday and Sunday. If you are within driving distance, it is a great show with lots to see and do in and around it. Nice weather predicted and great people and a wide variety of boats to see. You also can enjoy the passing yachts, sailboats, and who knows what else… even ships pass through this shortcut. Hope to meet up with some members there and maybe meet some new members as well. Safe travels to anyone going.

Dr.Go!

Door County Boat Festival 2021 It's on! 2 years 8 months ago #145271

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Great weather and event. I will try to post some pictures of boats, view from tower, ice rescue boat with counter rotating carbon fiber fan blades… cool gear box to produce counter rotation. Bottom is covered in HDPE sheets that look pretty think. It can move across a parking lot if it needs to. Said to be interesting to operate in a heavy crosswind so likely have to operate similar to aircraft at that point.

Dr.Go!

Door County Boat Festival 2021 It's on! 2 years 8 months ago #145272

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
A few more pictures. I hope a few other members will post pictures as well. There were many more boats that I didn’t get pictures of because I ran out of storage memory.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'