• Page:

TOPIC: Glasspar White Rubber Emergency

Glasspar White Rubber Emergency 3 years 3 weeks ago #144075

• eperot
  • eperot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
I just talked to Robin at WEFCO rubber and came to find out that they are no longer producing white rubber in any way. For those of us with Glasspars (and other MFGs) this is a real issue. Having just bought a Seafair Sedan in need of restoration, what am I (or are we) to do? True, they still offer all the same profiles in black, but white rubber is essential to a true restoration, and all mine is shot. Is anyone aware of any alternatives to WEFCO?

I even asked if they would do special orders in white for more $$$$ and she said no. I feel so defeated right now. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Glasspar White Rubber Emergency 2 years 11 months ago #144407

• eperot
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Who wants to help me on a project?

I say we get a group of people together here on the board and other places (FB, etc) who will call once in a while asking for a specific rubber order, then mention at the end that you want it in white....they'll say no, we don't do that...then say something to the extent of "gee, that's a shame...I'm going to have to figure something else out then. I have to have white rubber."
I have a feeling with enough people calling eventually they'll get the idea that they are missing out on a good deal of potential business without doing white rubber, and perhaps they'll start again.
For those who don't know, literally all they have to do is order white rubber stock which they then pull through their cutting die. It makes no difference if black or white, they don't make the rubber, they merely shape it into a profile. There is no reason they can't still do white. But they have all the profiles, so they kinda have us all by the balls when it comes to properly restoring our Glasspars and other fiberglassics that require it.

All it takes is a phone call. Join me?
Wefco Rubber: (818) 886-8872

Glasspar White Rubber Emergency 2 years 11 months ago #144409

I read a while back there is a company still with white rub rail ?
I think the place is called TACO marine ?
It's worth a shot ?

Glasspar White Rubber Emergency 2 years 11 months ago #144414

• eperot
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
TACO does have white rubrail, but it won't fit a Glasspar, not to mention they don't have any of the rubber for the flying bridge or cabin window glass.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)