Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1967 Herters is it worth anything?

1967 Herters is it worth anything? 3 years 6 months ago #143406

• 967andy
  • 967andy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have owned this boat since 2013 and used to fish it on a regular basis but not so much recently. I am not interested in selling, I am thinking about a major alteration and I value things that are old and rare so I don't want to cut a classic but if it is as I believe, not anything special and not a great loss to society if it gets a major alteration, then I am probably going to proceed. Sorry to ask about money on my first post.

Here is a 1.5 minute Youtube video of the fist time I took it out. The year was 2013.

1967 Herters Maiden Voyage. No adds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1967 Herters is it worth anything? 3 years 6 months ago #143408

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I would guess that it's value is just that of an old fishing boat so any alterations you make would not affect that value.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 967andy

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

1967 Herters is it worth anything? 3 years 6 months ago #143409

I have a little 12 ft MFG Cory and trailer that I paid 175 bucks for. It is a similar fishing open bow boat like yours.
Mine is not sought after as a classic. So in my eyes ? it’s used for it was built for…. Fishing, It’s not worth a bunch.
If yours had the fins windshield, bells and whistles and all ? It’d be worth more, but only what someone would pay for it.

So, as all the folks here on Fiberglassics say: It’s your boat, do what you want to it to make it more to your liking.
And when you ever decide to sell it ? you’ll be lucky to break even. Just my Opinion
The following user(s) said Thank You: 967andy

1967 Herters is it worth anything? 3 years 6 months ago #143410

• 967andy
  • 967andy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I paid $500 for it, a really nice EZ Loader trailer and an outboard that would kind of run a little, sometimes, maybe. I sold the outboard for $100 or $150, can't remember. So I am golden. I didn't want to cut something that should have been preserved. I want a shallow water boat and I have a mild case of financial embarrassment so I am thinking about making it a tunnel hull.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7555 guests and no members online