Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Fireflite need some parts

1959 Fireflite need some parts 3 years 8 months ago #143094

Hi so 1 year ago I introduced my Fireflite that needed a total restoration. I finally found someone near me to take on the project. I am looking for parts that are needed. Right now a few things I need: one is where to get the rubber molding that goes around the boat and another thing is a windshield. Also what was in the coves on the side? What is there now is a smooth silver colored sheet of plastic/vinyl? Thanks for any help. Eric.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1959 Fireflite need some parts 3 years 7 months ago #143102

I restored a 59 Surfflite.The rub rail I got from Wefco www.wefcorubber.com/ . The product on the side is Mylar, and is difficult to find. About 10 or so years ago Bob Beers had a roll made and I was lucky enough to get some. Not sure if he's still around.
Cheers Bill
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SSMinnow

1959 Fireflite need some parts 3 years 7 months ago #143234

Hi Bill, So a couple of questions on what you ordered for the rub rail. Do you know which piece you ordered? And did you get it in white? They only show black rubber inserts and when I asked and told them what my boat was they answered we do not have anything listed for that. Attached is a picture of what I have. Only a couple of inches was left on boat.
Attachments:

1959 Fireflite need some parts 3 years 7 months ago #143273

I sent them a piece of the molding and they made a die to make it. It probably won't show up on their website, but if you send them a piece, they could probably match up the die. ( I'm assuming they kept it). I did get it in white, but I think someone posted here they are not making white anymore. Good luck with the restoration, post pics of the progress. Feel free to ask if you have any questions, our boats are the same except for rear seating. Here's a couple pics of my resto.
Cheers
Bill

1959 Fireflite need some parts 3 years 6 months ago #143326

Thanks for the pictures, Bill. So I'm also looking for a windshield. I found online UPD Plastics and they had a windshield listed for a 1959 Fireflite. Inside width measurement of 60 inches. That sounded right. When I get order form back it is listed as 62 1/2 inches wide and they say that is the real dimension. That seems too wide for the dash area to look right. Can you tell me your inside windshield width? Thanks.

1959 Fireflite need some parts 3 years 6 months ago #143335

Mine measures about 58-1/2" inside. As you can see in the pics, it fits tight and fastens to the lip around the dash.
Cheers
Bill
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SSMinnow

1959 Fireflite need some parts 3 years 6 months ago #143339

Found this on classic glastron
www.classicglastron.com/windshields.html
Mentions 58 -59 Glstrons
Cheers
Bill

1959 Fireflite need some parts 3 years 6 months ago #143345

Hi Bill, I actually sent an email to the one with the Purvess name. It came back twice as not a good email. I tried one that was local in NYS and they got rid of their mold for making curved windshields. The search goes on.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6661 guests and one member online