Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 59 Owens

59 Owens 3 years 11 months ago #142370

I've determined my boat is a 59 Owens. It was a koi pond when I found it. I know Owens and Cutter worked together. It's almost identical to a Jet de Ville except the moulded in bow light. I can't find a single example online of one of these still existing. Does anyone have one? Picked up the motor yesterday and getting to work on it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

59 Owens 3 years 11 months ago #142374

I have one, it is exactly like the one in the picture with the molded in how light. At some point someone filled in the bow light on mine with Bondo, and added another. I assume this was done because technically it was illegal because of degree of visability.

59 Owens 3 years 11 months ago #142385

By chance does yours still have the rear hatch? I have to fabricate one. I'm curious how it latched because I see no mounting holes. I'm also wondering how the front seat mounted. I don't see where any brackets would've been attached to support the back.

59 Owens 3 years 11 months ago #142394

Mine does not have the removable rear hatch, it is solid. I will have to try and get a pic tomorrow of the seat mounting bracket.

59 Owens 3 years 10 months ago #142571

I also have one I believe mine is a 58.
See pictures #142395

59 Owens 3 years 7 months ago #143304

If you haven't already, join this Facebook Group. You may find some answers here.

CUTTER OWENS RAZORBACK SEARS/ELGIN GLASSMASTER BOATS 1957 to 1960's

59 Owens 3 years 4 months ago #143744

An excellent choice, and I like a slightly different boat from this series Owens Flagship 28. what can you say about it?
Attachments:

59 Owens 3 years 4 months ago #143745

Owens makes some of my favorite cabin cruisers of all time. I wasn't aware that they also made small fiberglass runabouts too. Neat looking boat. Gotta love the fins.

59 Owens 3 years 3 months ago #143771

This is my favorite Owens, cause its mine! 1969 Concorde 27. I found the Owens marque club online when I got this in 2003. I spoke on the phone to a guy who was a marine architect who had worked for Owens since the middle 1950s. He told me that the Owens brothers designed the Concorde line of fibreglass cabin cruisers in the late 50's and started production in 1963. The 27 was the smallest.
Larry
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5904 guests and one member online