Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Have you named your boat?

Have you named your boat? 9 years 9 months ago #97663

my 1966 starcraft with 80 hp evinrude has just been named. Parts came in the mail. Garage a stifling 90 degrees at 7pm. i am very very carefully installing a new head and head gasket. I try to start the boat and nothing. Normally this effort would result in thrown tools and lots of cursing. but not tonight. tonight i slowly looked and analyzed till she popped then ran beautifully. I was so happy i named my boat "My Obsession". i will be looking for stencils this weekend. what is the name of your boat and how did she get the name?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 9 months ago #97664

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
papa, I named one of my boats ( AFTER YOU ) and then when cute girls asked what I named my boat I could say I named it after you. by the way I was only 16 years old at the time. I renamed another boat with the same name and it only stayed on it for a week, as I was just married and my bride did not like it. I,m 60 years old and have been with the same gal for 41 years now, maybe the next boat will be ( AFTER YOU ) again . renee still thinks that I lost my mind. greg :laugh:

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 9 months ago #97670

My 32' sail boat was name an Italian name "Dolce Vento" (Sweet Wind)because it was bought with a bonus that we got for taking a 4 Italian restaurants from another contractor that were weeks behind and got them open on the target date.

One of my Yellow Jackets is named "Teresa" after the Girl Friend. Another is "Chloe" after the puppy.

As I get more boats done I am going to have to come up with more names.

CAVU

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 9 months ago #97677

I name all of my boats. My old 12 footer is named for the condition of the hull.

My little cruiser is named Swee' Pea, partly because of the color, and partly because it's just so darned cute.
Attachments:

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 9 months ago #97684

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I'm thinking of naming my Shell Lake, "Damnit" :)

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 9 months ago #97693

Just had these made up but will it count against her in a show ?
Attachments:

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 9 months ago #97701

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
cal, with the luck you have had. I would think you boat should be called Pull Toy. lol just had to cal. she sure turned out nice. greg

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 9 months ago #97709

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Frog, I like that. Just might use it, Thanks.

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 9 months ago #97726

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Not mine..(no blow boats for me)but I like it!
Attachments:

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 9 months ago #97749

Yes I have and it is Brystal. After my First Shiz U Bishon. Teddy Bear dog she was Daddys Girl. been gone for 2 years now so my Glassic Boat is Named after her.

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98888

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Froggy, I went to the printer last week, making up the "pull toy" lettering. Should have it this week. I'll post a picture later :P

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98889

Women always say there "29", So i named my 1959 Dorsett Catalina "29 Forever". I just named my 1965 Shell Lake "Followed Me Home" after always telling my wife ,look what followed me home
Attachments:

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98893

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
cal , that's cool. can,t wait to see them. frog

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98900

I've been working on my 1962 36' Chris Craft Roamer that I got from an estate sale a while back. Several names have gone through my head for this one. I thought of "Memories" "Remembrance" "Serenity" "Labor o Love" stuff like that as my father loved Chris Crafts and I am rebuilding this one in his memory.

Although as I've been working on taking it down to bare hull, the Roamer has developed a rather "wicked" personality of it's own. (It really doesn't like being torn apart so it can be rebuilt, it's a long story that it would likely make you laugh) So several names have been running through my head over the last year or so. "Sea Witch" "The Wicked Wench" but I think I have finally settled on a name... "Psycho Amazon" either that or "War Beach". "Psycho Amazon" is definitely in the lead for the name.

Eh my neighbors call me that anyway :woohoo:

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98911

Mine is 'named' "Driftwood" (it's a wooden boat). But that name just has never wowed me so I havent painted it on the side. I've tried a few others, but the family (including my helpful, sensitive,brothers) have shot them all down as bogus and contrived.

My son says "Floater" ..... I've considered it.

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98913

nemehoto wrote:

I've been working on my 1962 36' Chris Craft Roamer that I got from an estate sale a while back. Several names have gone through my head for this one. I thought of "Memories" "Remembrance" "Serenity" "Labor o Love" stuff like that as my father loved Chris Crafts and I am rebuilding this one in his memory.

"Here's 2 U Dad" ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: asign

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98919

I launched after a ski boat last week named Titan Uranus. I don't have a name for mine yet.

Proud member of the \\\\\\\"Raiders of the Schlitz Box\\\\\\\"

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98938

Normspeed wrote:

"Here's 2 U Dad" ?

I hadn't thought of that one. I like it, but I definitely need to get this boat's attitude leashed before I name it in my father's memory. This is the only boat I've ever worked or played with that has "wicked" temper. I kid you not, if you take down rotted panel from any where, lets say the headliner (all the wood is rotted I am trying to disassemble it carefully to use for patterns) All the screws are out, the board is "free" from any tension, and it still won't move. Look away and reach for a pry bar and the boat will drop it right across your knuckles, or your head. I've gotten a quite an array of bruises working on this boat, but I will tame the beast eventually.

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98950

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Quietly said and simple. Those who see it think it's because it's a trailer boat, those who followed some posts know the real reason for the name :angry:
Thanks Frog
Attachments:

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98953

I named my '69 Owens Concorde 27 "Crew's Inn". Still working on a name for my Jet Deville. Dumb word-play names are a must for boats...
Larry

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98967

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
your welcome , cal. looks good and hope you do not get to much grief from it. lol frog

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98972

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
OK Gregg, one thing I'm not quite sure about. There is a ceremony for CHANGING a boat's name but is there one for actually naming it. If not I think we should start one.
1. Make a copy of the vessel's title/registration.
2. Purchase a bottle of CHEAP red wine, the cheaper the better unless you already have a box in your fridge.
3. Stand in the center of your boat either on the trailer or in the water but you must have an audience of at least one.
4. Drink a full glass of wine or two.
5. While repeating the new name three times lite the registration copy on fire and drop it into a pail of water obtained from your favorite go-to place.
6. Drink another glass, or two, of wine and dance in a circle still repeating the new name.
7. While still in the boat finish up the wine with your audience.

In dire straights beer may be substituted for the wine.

This is guaranteed to keep the Krakens away unless of course you are celebrating with Kraken Rum :laugh:

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 8 months ago #98973

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
sounds like a good idea, maybe you can post some pic,s of you dancing in circles. wish I could be there. frog

Re:Have you named your boat? 9 years 6 months ago #101505

Ole's Legacy.

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
1969 Evinrude Rogue II 210

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
1969 OMC Evinrude Rogue II 210
163 original hours

Re:Have you named your boat? 5 years 11 months ago #136254

question for you, is that a Shell lake Scamp? If so, could you send me a picture of the interior (seats). I recently posted in the main forum, i have to replace seats in my 1960 Scamp - having a picture of what they should look like would be helpful - the seats are ripped out of mine. Thanks in advance if you can help.

Re:Have you named your boat? 5 years 11 months ago #136255

question for you (Madbohunk), is that a Shell lake Scamp? If so, could you send me a picture of the interior (seats). I recently posted in the main forum, i have to replace seats in my 1960 Scamp - having a picture of what they should look like would be helpful - the seats are ripped out of mine. Thanks in advance if you can help.

Have you named your boat? 5 years 11 months ago #136266

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
1965 Glasspar Seafair Sedan, baby blue with original 1000 Merc and 9.8 Merc - Blue Mermaid
1962 in progress Larson day cruiser, burgundy with Brunswick top 85 Johnson - Little Mermaid
1998 Sylvan pontoon 75 Honda - A Sign of Fun II
And the mascot Blue Mermaid just arrived on our shore terrace. She's a big girl at 16' long and 4' tall, the boaters and kids love her!
Attachments:

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..

Re:Have you named your boat? 5 years 11 months ago #136272

No it’s a cadet , back to back seats .

Re:Have you named your boat? 5 years 9 months ago #137014

TallTexan,

Greetings. = My cellphone was stolen some weeks ago & therefore I no longer have your number.

IF you have a minute give me a call on my cell: 703-296-7014 OR email me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Have you named your boat? 5 years 9 months ago #137015

papasmurf,

I was going to name my "new to me" RED FISH OFFSHORE Model 1704, DARLA'S FANTASY but she suggested that, given my addiction to early TX history, that I name the BIG utility after a historical character.

After some days of thought, she will be named MISS LAKEANNE after the first known Anglo girl who was born in Northeast TX: Lakeann Potter, the youngest daughter & "pet" of "the notorious" Robert & Harriet Potter.- Lakeann was born during the RUNAWAY SCRAPE & during The Texas Revolution.
(Harriet bore 18 children to at least 5 husbands during her long life.)

Lakeann's father was Secretary of the Texas Navy (until he was murdered by "persons unknown") & her mother was Harriet Ames-Potter, who is even in 2018, called by Northeast Texicans, "Our very own Texas Hellcat".

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5810 guests and one member online