Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HELP!

HELP! 12 years 10 months ago #36054

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm on vacation this week and my 56 lark is being troublesome.I had it running last year in a barrel and it kept running out of gas because it wouldn't build air. I pulled the carb and base plate and checked the check valves, sealed/replaced hoses and I got it to keep running. I started it up this year and it's doing the same thing. I've tried more than one tank to eliminate that. Still not building air. I pulled the coupler fitting off when it's running and it pumps air out on the motor end of the coupler fitting. Is there a common problem with these that I don't know about? What am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:HELP! 12 years 10 months ago #36058

Replace the hose from the fitting for the fuel hose to the motor output (just under the carb)

I think it is 14" of line. Clamp good..replacing is just as easy as checking and does not cost that much

If you have a air leak any where your tank will not pressure up

Get a glass of about 25% dawn and 75% water and paint all the hoses gaskets and fittings while running the motor and check for bubbles/air leaks

s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy189/adc2242/Manuals/Fuel%20Tank/

CAVU

Re:HELP! 12 years 10 months ago #36361

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I replaced the hose and sprayed the entire system with dawn solution and found no leaks. It's a little better but it builds slower than a normal pressure tank system builds. I blew out the coupler fitting to make sure nothing got stuck in there and it was fine. It will now keep running at idle but it's iffy at higher speeds. I'd like to try putting a fuel pump on it but it has the old style inspection port. Strange.... it's the original plates and there's nowhere to drill. I'll have to find a junk motor that has one I guess. Funny, I've never had a pressure building problem like this and I've owned many of these motors over the years. Thanks for the help, It's much appreciated

Re:HELP! 12 years 10 months ago #36368

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Another possible source of trouble is the O-rings in the fuel hose connector not sealing or worn. Check with soap solution on running motor.

Re:HELP! 12 years 10 months ago #36369

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
They don't show any signs of leakage w/ the soap solution, Thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)