Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1957 Seahorse paint

1957 Seahorse paint 13 years 4 months ago #22315

I am restoring a 1957 Seahorse 35 hp. I have located a new front emblem and the side lettering. I still need OEM paint (brown & white), face plate decals and the engine cover seal (either white or black).

Thanks for any info.

Dave
St. Charles, MO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1957 Seahorse paint 13 years 4 months ago #22317

hi dave,as for the decals try "vinyl approach"they advertize here in the glassic businesses section,im told they specialize in them,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1957 Seahorse paint 13 years 4 months ago #22320

If she's a 1957 Johnson outboard motor, the paint should be Holiday Bronze and white (no brown on these motors).

Go to www.aomci.org in tehe "Ask An Expert" area and check for previous discussions on the same topic.

Peter McDowell in Canada ( www.nymarine.ca is the website, I think)can provide the correct colours in spray cans. It is very spendy. The Holiday Bronze was different in each year it was used: 1956; 1957; and 1958, so make certain you have the correct shade. McDowell can hook you up with decals, the gasket, and many other parts for old outboard motors.

Dupli-Color spray paint from the auto store in "Burgundy Pearl Metallic" #880572 is sorta close to the '57 Holiday Bronze.

Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)