• Page:

TOPIC: 1959. Fat 50. Rebuild ...

1959. Fat 50. Rebuild ... 4 years 10 months ago #139589

• DLB68
  • DLB68's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Is it possible to have a 1959 Johnson V4S-11. Rebuilt. I'm not asking if it would be expensive ... Can It be done ..? Who ? Where ? I also have thoughts of the same likeness about a 60. Hp. Gale engine...
Since I am restoring another finned Arkansas Traveler .. I want to keep this one. Era correct..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keeping History Alive , is all we can hope for.We take only the memories when we leave,The wake of waves lives on.

1959. Fat 50. Rebuild ... 4 years 8 months ago #140163

Yes - it can be done. It is getting harder to do every year, because the parts necessary to do the work are no longer produced. Most are no longer available from anywhere. There probably isn't a marine shop anywhere that would touch it though - you will need to find someone that does this work on their own. There are a number of them around. Look over on Boatracingfacts.com as ask this question there. There are a number of old timers there that may be open to doing this - if the parts can be sourced. The best thing you could do though on both motors is to use a later 75 to 80HP powerhead. The powerheads up to 1967 are bolt-on replacements and look pretty much the same as your earlier ones. Nobody but you would ever know
The following user(s) said Thank You: DLB68

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)