Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1964 Johnson 90hp golden meteor

1964 Johnson 90hp golden meteor 5 years 9 months ago #136970

I've been running a 90 Johnson golden meteor for the past year with no problems. This last weekend it started poping and spitting and stalling at idle. It still runs great at speed but when i slow down to come to the dock it will start to stumble and die. Then she will not restart, if i leave it sit for a few hours it will start back up. Im at a loss at what to look at. I only run ethanol free fuel, new fuel tanks and lines. Rebuilt fuel pump, plugs, and points. Whats next?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1964 Johnson 90hp golden meteor 5 years 9 months ago #136973

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Wish you would have talked to me on Saturday. What year is it? If it has the CD ignition I would strongly think it's going south. The first gen CD's on those had their issues. I was able to convert my 100hp Golden Meteor to a regular point ignition without any problems. After that reverse conversion I never had a problem. Somewhere I have pictures of the conversion, had lots of help on this site. CD boxes are still available but $$$. Might be able to upgrade but not sure.

Here's "Plan 'B'" This is an eBay site so you have to add the ebay.com before the address or search.
/itm/1967-1969-Johnson-Outboard-Trouble-Shooting-The-CD-Ignition-Systems/401561483729?epid=1146015714&hash=item5d7eedf9d1%3Ag%3Awn4AAOSwxblbOe8g&_sacat=0&_nkw=1967+Johnson+outboard+CD+ignition&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6688 guests and 2 members online