Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Great find on Offerup.com 1958 Evinrude Lark 35HP

Great find on Offerup.com 1958 Evinrude Lark 35HP 5 years 9 months ago #136860

I just learned about a website named OFFERUP.COM and I bought 2 outboards and a boat this week. 1 outboard was the best 1958 Evinrude 35hp Lark survivor I have ever seen and it cost me $300.00 with control box, shifter, fuel tank and original owners manual from originals nephew.I also got the (E) emblem for the cowl and I can not believe the plastic emblems have no cracks and still have the bright colors. For those that have never used Offerup.com you just go to the website and put in the keywords of the item you want to buy. The one down side of the site is it always shows only a 10 mile radius and I had to go in and click Max distance after every search and even then it only goes to 30 mile radius. Other option to get more distance was to go in and change the location from (my location) to a nearby city. I hope this helps you guys out on future searches.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Great find on Offerup.com 1958 Evinrude Lark 35HP 5 years 9 months ago #136868

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I want dat motor.

Great find on Offerup.com 1958 Evinrude Lark 35HP 5 years 9 months ago #136879

boozer,

LUCKY YOU ARE! = The OMC Big Twins are the single toughest OBs ever made, imo.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Great find on Offerup.com 1958 Evinrude Lark 35HP 5 years 6 months ago #137769

I just got a similar engine also for $150 but I don’t have a control for it. I don’t know much about engine stuff . I wonder if you can email me a picture of the control so I can see what it look like and do you know how this engine would start I mean you need a key but I don’t see anywhere on the motor where the plug for the battery to hook up to . If you can send me those pictures that would be great . My email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Great find on Offerup.com 1958 Evinrude Lark 35HP 5 years 5 months ago #137989

Very nice original motor. Here's its big brother. Would you post a pic of the "E"?
Larry
Attachments:

Great find on Offerup.com 1958 Evinrude Lark 35HP 5 years 5 months ago #138007

"E"
Attachments:

Great find on Offerup.com 1958 Evinrude Lark 35HP 5 years 4 months ago #138379

commando: see photos of control box & solenoid box that would go with your engine. The solenoid box is mounted in the rear of my boat as my engine is setup as a tiller steer. The motor didn't come that way, but I added a tiller. Your box would be slightly different anyway since it would have a keyed ignition that mounts on the dash. At least you get the idea? The harness plugs into the starboard side of the engine. Yours is an 8 pin connector where mine is a 7 pin? In 1957 you just choked to engine to kill it. Yours has the extra kill wire to ground out the ignition. You would also need the plate to mount your ignition switch in & choke button. All of this stuff is out there, just have to know where to look. I may have spare set. Just have to do some digging in all my stuff?

Dan in TN

[/b]
Attachments:

Great find on Offerup.com 1958 Evinrude Lark 35HP 5 years 3 months ago #138574

Wow, great find.
Nice original old outboard. Is it a runner?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 10054 guests and no members online