Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: JOHNSON 100ESL72R

JOHNSON 100ESL72R 5 years 9 months ago #136808

Friends,

I've been offered a 1973 Johnson 100HP outboard engine in good cosmetic condition with the controls FOR CHEAP. Serial number: J3685844
I need an engine for the 1961 Red Fish Offshore 17.
(The owner is deceased but it is thought that it was seldom used during his lifet6ime & has been stored in a garage since his passing.)

Do any of you know anything about this outboard?? - Any suggestions/advice would be welcomed.

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

JOHNSON 100ESL72R 5 years 9 months ago #136853

To All,

I thought that at least one of our great members would have experience with the early 1970s Johnson 100HP Outboard. - Guessing that I was wrong

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

JOHNSON 100ESL72R 5 years 9 months ago #136856

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Patience.... Life goes on for all of us and some of us don't check this site daily.
I've had a few of this era motors and never had a bad experience with any of them. They are tough torque motors. I would snap it up in a New York minute. Squirt some fogging oil in the cylinders and turn it over a second or two to make sure it's not froze. After you clean it up do the basic maintenance of an old motor. Do the wires need replacement? Fuel lines cracked? etc. and above all you will need to replace the water pump.
Here's an 85hp that I had, was in storage for many years and fired right up without issues.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: satx78247

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6698 guests and 2 members online