• Page:

TOPIC: 1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no

1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 13 years 9 months ago #12962

• TNLark35
  • TNLark35's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 1958 Evinrude Lark 35,my parts list shows on the carburetor page, part number 43x123 for the needle valve packing. Does anyone know a complete part number or something I can use? I having a hard time finding the right pieces. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 13 years 9 months ago #12969

My 1957 Parts Manual (original) covers models RDE-RDEL-19 & 19M 35HP

That's the only part number I show (43-123). Those should come in the carburetor kit. Did they? They most likely will be leather. You should be able to get a suitable O-ring (alcohol-resistant neoprene)That is the right thickness and diameters... at Automotive Fasteners, or other "Industrial Supply" store.

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 13 years 9 months ago #13007

you can get the Orings at any auto parts store. Or you can get a whole box full differnt sizes from Harbor Fright for about $4.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 13 years 9 months ago #13009

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ah! Thanks! It runs, but Im not sure I have the right parts in it.

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 13 years 9 months ago #13010

I have (2) 35HP's with lots of good parts if you need any-
One is a 1957 Johnson built and modified for a '60s Hydroplane
The other is a 1959 Sea King (OMC)that should be the same as yours.
Cheap! I gotta recoup my money from the Merc 1400...LOL!

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part 13 years 9 months ago #13065

In a pinch I have used cotton string, wrapped around the needle shaft and held in place with some grease, to act as packing. Works very well! Wrap it clockwise so that threading it in place doesn't unwrap it...

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 12 years 10 months ago #36359

i have a 58 Evinrude lark 35 exactly like yours. No fuel getting to the bowl. Where do I start?

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 12 years 10 months ago #36379

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Welcome! I would start with the basics, make sure your fuel lines are good (new) and your primer bulb is new. Then I would rebuild the fuel pump if you havent already.

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 12 years 10 months ago #36736

Thank you very much. I will work on it this weekend. I will let you know result.

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 12 years 10 months ago #36739

Remove the line going from the pump going to the carb...Best to remove it at the carb. Buy your self some fuel line and get a small can of fuel and set up about 18" higher then the motor. Start a siphon and let set for a few min. If you are not getting fuel them rebuild the carb

While you have the carb apart check the float and see if it is cork...If so you will need to coat it as to protect it from the ethanol in the fuels now days

You can buy fuel proof model airplane dope at the hobby shop and coat it 2 times, or paint it with supper glue

You can order the carb kit from your nearest NAPA Sierra part #18-7024

www.go2marine.com/search.do?q=18-7024

BTW order a few more packing o rings for the needle valves...With the ethanol you will need them..I keep 8, however i have many Johnsons and Evinrudes...They work with many 1950s motors

Sierra part # 18-7106

www.go2marine.com/search.do?q=18-7106&x=28&y=13

CAVU

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 12 years 10 months ago #36804

I replaced the fuel lines, spark plugs and it started and ran. Unfortunately, it ran really rough. It idled ok at low rpm but it wants to sputter as I increase the throttle. I guess I have not choice but to rebuild the carb. Looks like I have to take off the puil start assembly and the starter to pull the carb - does that seem right?

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 12 years 10 months ago #36807

Here is the parts list for a 57...Almost the same motor...very few changes

s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy189/adc2242/Manuals/RJE%20RJEL-19/

You will need to remove the air box and the gen for sure

3 bolts hold the starter bracket on...make things easy and take off the rewind

CAVU

Re:1958 Evinrude Lark 35 Need help with carb part no 12 years 10 months ago #36930

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
dweedeman wrote:

I replaced the fuel lines, spark plugs and it started and ran. Unfortunately, it ran really rough. It idled ok at low rpm but it wants to sputter as I increase the throttle. I guess I have not choice but to rebuild the carb. Looks like I have to take off the puil start assembly and the starter to pull the carb - does that seem right?

If it hasn't been done in a long time, you might also check (replace) the points, condenser's and coils and spark plug wires. Those are usually why these motors get parked, at least that's what I have found. I usually dont skimp on my motors, having a break down on the lake sucks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)