Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Parting Out '61 Evinrude Starflite III 75 HP

Parting Out '61 Evinrude Starflite III 75 HP 7 years 6 months ago #128028

Those who've followed this bulletin board may have seen earlier posts from me seeking help solving a water in the combustion chamber problem. Most recently, I decided to tackle pulling the heads to check for a blown head gasket. Good news is the head gaskets aren't damaged. Bad news is I broke one bolt that had corroded into the helicoil it was threaded into. Also, bad news is that no blown head gasket leaves me still not knowing what is causing the moisture. Since I am a man of modest means, I've decided against investing any more money into it. So, I'm going to part it out. The model number is 50524. I have a magneto coil with barely an hour of run time along with the original (NOS) magneto pole mounts. Points and condensors have about 6 hours total on them as does the water pump impeller. I didn't replace the them, but the spark plug wires look almost new. The carb needle valves, float, and float valve are all new and the fuel pump has about two hours of run time since I replaced it. It also has a new bell crank for the shift linkage. Everything else is as I bought it five years ago, is in good working order, and looks to be original. Anyone interested in parts or the whole kit and kaboodle can email me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Doug
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Parting Out '61 Evinrude Starflite III 75 HP 7 years 6 months ago #128034

• VinTin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Where are you located and what are you asking for the whole motor?

Re:Parting Out '61 Evinrude Starflite III 75 HP 7 years 5 months ago #128244

Sorry for the delay in responding. I normally receive an email notice of messages but didn't this time. I'm in Gaines, Michigan which is a southwest suburb of Flint. I have a $575 of new parts in the engine not counting myriad nuts and bolts, paint, and seals which I want to recover. (I have a spreadsheet showing what all I've put into the engine but I can't attach it to this response. If you send me your email address, I'll send you a copy.) Until I had the moisture in the head, it was a sweet running engine. I'll part with it for $600.

Re:Parting Out '61 Evinrude Starflite III 75 HP 7 years 5 months ago #128257

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Do you have the "E" emblem on the back of the motor?
Also would you happen to have any remaining blue paint? It would cost me $75. to buy a pint for my '65 60hp Rude and I would have 3/4 of it left :angry:

Re:Parting Out '61 Evinrude Starflite III 75 HP 7 years 5 months ago #128286

The engine cowl doesn't have an "E." Hard to believe but I've never taken a pic of the cowl from the rear. The pic below was taken during the refinish. I suspect there is no "E" because it's a Starflite series. But, I don't have any blue paint. The engine is painted with Rustoleum Gray and White Automotive Acrylic Enamel. The red is also automotive paint, a Duro GM red.
Attachments:

Re:Parting Out '61 Evinrude Starflite III 75 HP 7 years 5 months ago #128287

Re:Parting Out '61 Evinrude Starflite III 75 HP 7 years 5 months ago #128294

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Thanks. Just a hope. I've used both auto paint and Rustoleum on motors. Better results with the auto. Color match is perfect but cost is outrageous when you add thinners, activators etc. for just a small amount use.
Good luck with your parting. I found that the starter us usually the first to leave the stable.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6461 guests and no members online