• Page:

TOPIC: Opinions please

Opinions please 9 years 2 months ago #107656

• 63 Sabre
  • 63 Sabre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I'm finishing a rebuild of another classic and have a '72 65hp Rude hanging. I fired it up for the first time this season in the driveway and two of the three cylinders were firing. Top one not going. If I gave it a small spritz of starting fluid it would fire up so I'm figuring a carb problem. I pulled the carb and there was some gook in the bottom by the drain plug but nothing serious. I shot all the passages with cleaner and blew them out, put everything back together and now it sits, I haven't had a chance to try it out again. When I took the carb apart it appeared that the PO had done a complete rebuild, all new gaskets, seats, float etc.
Do you think it just needed a cleaning?? Like I said I haven't had a chance to fire it back up since reinstalling. Hoping this was an easy fix.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Opinions please 9 years 2 months ago #107658

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
hey cal, that is a Vikings motor and not a packers motor, so you should just package it up and ship it to a Vikings fan. me . lol frog

Re:Opinions please 9 years 2 months ago #107662

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
No purple on it, original green lower though :) Maybe I should have gone the way of Wisconsin Badgers red and white. My sister-in-law
up der nort of Hibbing wouldn't even answer her phone Saturday night until the badgers and Az game finished. :angry:

PS, I think the Pack screwed up last year by not picking up Jarred Allen, I liked that guy, made for some interesting plays. The pack defense would have had Mathews, Allen, and Peppers all in the backfield, 'sted he went to CHICAGO????????? go figure.

Re:Opinions please 9 years 2 months ago #107673

Could have been the dirty carb Cal, they don't like gunk. Mine was acting funny until I cleaned it out from sitting the winter last year, even used stabil but needed cleaning.

Bob

Re:Opinions please 9 years 2 months ago #107688

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Bob, I'm going to give it a try today. What else could it be really. Fires the upper cyl with a little help from the ether so I'm hoping there was just some sticky stuff somewhere. Bad thing about running it in the driveway is the noise with muffs so I'll shove a garbage can under her. Good way to check out the new water impeller anyway.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

test ad
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

test ad
06-02-2024

Aquabird steering wheel
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)