Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wont be running one till spring

Wont be running one till spring 13 years 4 months ago #19030

Nice to see a place for these motor on here. I put one on my buddys G3 and now all the lakes here in northern Nevada are just about dried up so will have to wait till spring to get the boat in the water to test the motor out. I have chance of getting 2 Bear Cats for my self soon.
Mike pathfinderz1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Wont be running one till spring 13 years 4 months ago #19055

Glad to hear you are going to get some 4 cycle Bearcats for your self. I love my 62 Homelite.
This is a very unique motor. And glad Billr is here to guide us along. Everytime I've called or emailed him he has always come through. With advice,service or parts.
My Homelite wouldn't be running if it wasn't for him.
And you all already know. I love my Homelite :laugh:
Attachments:

Re:Wont be running one till spring 13 years 4 months ago #19079

Well it looks like nobody had put a Bear Cat on a G3 before and I really wanted to see how it would do on the G3. Sense the G3 is a short shaft transom I have to make my own jack plate. Were the motor sits now I can rise it 3ins or lower it 3ins. Heres a pic of he motor on the back of the G3.
Mike aka pathfinderz1
Attachments:

Re:Wont be running one till spring 13 years 4 months ago #19095

Nice looking jack plate. There are a few short shaft models out there but they are scarce. So a jack plate is the next best thing to use. Plus you can tweek the engine on the boat for best performance.
When you get enough water to run it let us know how it does. Do you have the 12" pitch prop on it now?
I have to use a 8" 4 blade or 9" 3 blade on my pontoon. 12"is too much.
Take care B)

Re:Wont be running one till spring 13 years 4 months ago #19133

I got the motor with a 10 pitch on it and got a 13 from Bill. The G3 is a light boat so this prop should get her moving. At this alatude 4500 feet hope to get at least 35 to 40mph out of it. Stil have to setup a tact.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:Wont be running one till spring 13 years 4 months ago #19138

The 13" sounds like it would work better than the 10" for that boat. B)

Re: Wont be running one till spring 13 years 4 months ago #20160

I've got a couple of last generation Bearcats in excellent condition AND the super-rare Homelite dual remote controls. I can make you a good deal on them. Email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I'm looking for a shgrt shaft Homelite/ Bearcat lower unit for my Bearcat to replace the Merc 650 on my G3.

Blest boater

Re: Wont be running one till spring 13 years 4 months ago #20161

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
We are clearing out space in the garage to bring home the Pacific Mariner Stiletto that we had BillR mount a rebuilt short shaft Homelite on last year.We have it prepped for painting the deck,leaving the hull as is, and are working on a seat layout.May not be ready for spring but summer is the target.The McChesney is the priority come spring.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)