Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing

Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #91960

What is the going price for a fully restored, top running, and show quality boat G-3 center deck?

Do you think the market is... $4,000, $5,000 or $6,000.

I own one, but mine seems too far gone now that the snow has disappeared.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #91966

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Chris, I have seen asking prices that high but, They are asking prices? I was once offered 2500.00 for the 67 blue and white g3 You towed in with Johns g3. I You should be able to find a nice user boat for 2500.00 to 4000.00. Boats like John's just aren't for sale at any price.

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #91979

seabuddy wrote:

What is the going price for a fully restored, top running, and show quality boat G-3 center deck?

Do you think the market is... $4,000, $5,000 or $6,000.

I own one, but mine seems too far gone now that the snow has disappeared.

Chris:

The prices vary but I can tell you I consider our 1960 G-3 to be in the category you describe but I wouldn't take any of those figures you listed for it! LOL! And I think you know why that is.

I have seen some very nice G-3's like the ones you want and will keep my eyes open for you. For awhile, there was a real nice 1960
G-3 (white with black stripes) for sale in central Florida and I think that owner wanted around $5,000.00 for it. But, it is gone now.

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #92027

Sounds like those folks that have the top boats are not sellers.

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #92037

Chris:

Here is one G-3 that comes up on craigslist which is out in Seattle, Washington a long way from where you are at.

But, this looks like a pretty nice G-3 and it will give you an idea of is out there:

seattle.craigslist.org/kit/boa/4409456604.html

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #92041

That is a nice boat!

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #92256

Chris:

Here is another G-3 that is on craigslist. Although it is in California, it looks like another pretty nice boat. I know you can have a boat shipped so you may wat to look into that if one doesn't show up closer to MD. BTW,...did you get my e-mail on the G-3 up north of you???

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/4403850096.html

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #92317

Chris:

Are you serious about buying a fully restored, "turn-key" excellent shape G-3 or are you just "kicking the tires" on this issue??

Just wondering.......

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #92355

My boat is worth A LOT more TO ME than the money I have into it. ;) The market won't bear what I have into the restoration, but its of no matter... I will be playing in this thing until I get old enough for it to scare me.

Including the new EZ-Loader galvanized trailer, Merc 850 restoration, and my cash into the resto... its just north of $8K. The boat was junk when I got it, and I never had any plans to sell it. Heh... then I had to transform my carport into a heated workshop so I could keep it cozy. I just wish it would fit into my living room... but then, it would be harder to hook-up and head for the lake.

It seems that guys that list their excellent quality boats for $6K have a hard time moving them... Seems like the better ones will go in the $4K range. Average quality (usable and all hardware intact) in the $2K range. And all the rest for $200-$1500. I bought Bandit because it was complete (except for two pieces of splash-well trim that I had cast) for $500 with a non-rusty trailer and a decent Mariner 40 hp.

Dean
Attachments:

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #92358

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

My boat is worth A LOT more TO ME than the money I have into it. The market won't bear what I have into the restoration, but its of no matter... I will be playing in this thing until I get old enough for it to scare me.

Well said Dean, well said!

I just wish it would fit into my living room... but then, it would be harder to hook-up and head for the lake.

:) :) :)

Mark

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #92491

Well, the first step was to say that I know that my current boat is too far gone to me. I have done that.

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #92492

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 112
deanlofall wrote:

I just wish it would fit into my living room... but then, it would be harder to hook-up and head for the lake.

Dean, that's no problem, I know a good contractor and he could easily install a nice garage door in that pesky living room; you'll have the G3 in-and-out Easy-Peasy!!! :woohoo:

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #92510

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
seabuddy wrote:

Well, the first step was to say that I know that my current boat is too far gone to me. I have done that.

And many of us know that's not always an easy decision to make Chris. But we live and learn (hopefully) right!?

If you can just hang in there and keep your eyes open, something better will turn up. You've got some of the best "boat scroungers" in the world helping to keep a lookout for your next one, hang in there buddy. ;)

Mark

Re:Center Deck best quanlity G-3 pricing 9 years 11 months ago #92512

Well, I thank you all for that effort.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)