Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: can anybody recommend a bilge pump type / capacity

can anybody recommend a bilge pump type / capacity 11 years 11 months ago #61985

I have an original transom G3, and i was reading recommendations about bilge pumps.
can anybody recommend a style / brand / capacity?

i bought the boat from an old lady, transom seems ok, it has a 40 HP johnson from the 60's that i think works, but will find out soon.
it came with an old trailer
the whole think for 250 dollar, I think i made a great deal, but will know when i have spend all the extra money to buy rubbers, window, seat's, carpet, and other stuff.

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:can anybody recommend a bilge pump type / capacity 11 years 11 months ago #61989

Hey Dennis, welcome to FG!

I put a 500 GPH in my G3, manual switch. I think the capacity is fine, but I know others who went with 1000 GPH pumps. In my other boats, I have the automatic pumps. After seeing some of these wakeboard boats come by and slosh water in the back of the G3, I wish I would have put an automatic pump in now. I cant watch the boat all the time its on the dock. I will probably just add a float switch to what I've got.

My recommendation is 500 to 1000 GPH automatic bilge pump. :)

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:can anybody recommend a bilge pump type / capacity 11 years 11 months ago #62016

Thank you. Any type / style recommendation?

Re:can anybody recommend a bilge pump type / capacity 11 years 11 months ago #62160

Hi Dennis,

This is what I currently have:

Attwood 4505-7 Sahara 500 Automatic Bilge Pump, 12 VDC

They also have the bigger 1000 GPH size in this line as well. Rule is also a good brand.

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:can anybody recommend a bilge pump type / capacity 11 years 11 months ago #62300

Thanks for the info, I will shopping for one tomorrow ... The plan is slowly taking shape :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)