Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Motors for sale??

Motors for sale?? 11 years 11 months ago #60792

Hello all!! As summer rolls around i figure i would jump on it and see if anyone has a Merc 650 or 800 currently for sale. right now i have a Lark IV evinrude (40 hp) and id like some more *umph* in the throttle. Id love to see if we can work out a trade/deal. Im up in NY and i don't really feel like dealing with long distance shipping but I'm willing to drive a few states to pick up.

thanks, derek (well-worth-it)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Motors for sale?? 11 years 11 months ago #61204

Derek, try g3jim.? I think he had a flying scott and a 800 merc short for sale.

Re: Motors for sale?? 11 years 11 months ago #61205

I still like the look of the evinrude though. maybe with a better prop and some ballancing of the boat you could see some better speed. I will look and see if I still have some part # for speed props that fit the Evinrude.

Re: Motors for sale?? 11 years 11 months ago #61213

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I told Derek I need to finish out that 650 but I want $2200 for it as it will be a restored motor. I have a 900 that needs to be serviced and re assembled $600 or BRO for it. The block is together if anyone wanted to use it that way they could I just tend to tear them down, inspect and fix anything that might need it so the motor will last another 40 years. Both of those are short shaft.
I have a NOS block, crank, pistons, etc....to build out a short shaft gear shifting Merc 800 but I doubt anyone would want to pay for a NOS motor such as that.
I am not getting around too good. Sure I still gig once in a while with the band but due to the tumor and knee and other issues I am having I just want to get rid of quick things and build out what I can. Anyone wants a running motor be patient I will get it done. I have been out of main work for about 4 to 5 months and things are getting tight so I am getting rid of what ever I can.

P.S. I got rid of the Scott I had a while ago.

Re:Motors for sale?? 11 years 8 months ago #66769

• 65G3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I still have my 1978 70 hp for sale , we bought it in 1978 It's always been garaged well kept.. I replaced water pump,fuel pump rectifier,starter solenoid plugs runs,needs carbs rebuilt, have carb kits.. Controls included ,with new teleflex cables, also listed on classifies ads Just bought new merc 50 hp !!!1

Re:Motors for sale?? 11 years 8 months ago #66834

Well i would have bought it but i found something else. i bought a 1965 Merc 650 from Tim Calmes. he fixed my friend's g3 and has been our go-to guy on everything Merc related.

Re:Motors for sale?? 11 years 8 months ago #66838

• 65G3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Small World :laugh: !! I got a 65 Merc 65 hp too last year . A fresh water engine, I'm restoring it :blink: Might put it on my 70 Glasstron Jetflight When I have nothing to do !! :)

Re:Motors for sale?? 11 years 8 months ago #66867

Merc 650 is perfect engine for the Jetflite. Had one outrun me and my Merc 650 when it was on my G-3. The Jetflite was a bit faster with same engine!!!!
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:Motors for sale?? 11 years 8 months ago #66981

• 65G3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Jim I just got this Mumbo Jumbo 50 hp Merc :ohmy: ... Jeeze it looks so massive :unsure: !! the bottom shaft cover isn't cast iron like the old Mercs It's plastic :S ! ..But it's a 4 cyl, efi uses straight gas..Thats one good thing and it has power trim !!!

Re:Motors for sale?? 11 years 8 months ago #66982

• 65G3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
aaghh The above message posted twice I only hit submit once ?? don't know how that happened ??? How do you just delete a post anyway ???

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)