• Page:

TOPIC: I Need A Windshield!

I Need A Windshield! 12 years 3 weeks ago #58814

• rdaled
  • rdaled's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I finally put my G3 in the water a few days ago for the first time after working on it for a few months. I rebuilt the transom, changed motors, added bunks to the trailer, and lots more. However, I need a new windshield since mine has a big crack in it. Does anybody know where I can get one, or have one made? My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:I Need A Windshield! 12 years 3 weeks ago #58847

rdaled wrote:

I finally put my G3 in the water a few days ago for the first time after working on it for a few months. I rebuilt the transom, changed motors, added bunks to the trailer, and lots more. However, I need a new windshield since mine has a big crack in it. Does anybody know where I can get one, or have one made? My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., thanks!

rdaled:

Nice looking G-3 Sir!

There is a company in Romulus, Michigan that has done a few G-3 windshields for our boats.

The name of the company is "Edston Plastics Company." Here is a link for you:

www.manta.com/c/mmchfpl/edston-plastics-co

Re:I Need A Windshield! 12 years 3 weeks ago #58848

• rdaled
  • rdaled's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks! I'll contact them and check it out!

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 11 months ago #61856

Did you look in to this company? How much do they charge for a g3 windshield? I need one to. I guess they will give a better price if a bunch of us order at the same time

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #62875

I just purchased a windshield from EDS. $420 trimmed and delivered.

EDS Plastic
10630 N. Rushton
South Lyon, MI 48178
(248)-437-4440

I expect to have it next week, will get a photo here soon.

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #62878

deanlofall wrote:

I just purchased a windshield from EDS. $420 trimmed and delivered.

EDS Plastic
10630 N. Rushton
South Lyon, MI 48178
(248)-437-4440

I expect to have it next week, will get a photo here soon.

Dean

Dean:

Did you have to send an old G-3 Windshield to them so they could make yours? Also, please let us know what your thoughts are on the new windshield as far as fit and finish etc.

Thanks Dean!

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #62939

Hey John,

Nope, I didnt need to send them anything... actually I dont have a windshield at all. What I did was snagged this photo from their old website last August (its not on their new website) so I sent them this photo and asked if they could make this G3 windshield. They just asked if I would confirm my tip-to-tip measurement of the windshield, so they could ensure they pulled the right mold. Once I provided that, they said yep... they have the mold and would make it.

Sometime during the previous life of Bandit, there was a windshield. I didnt fill the holes but rather installed SS screws in them... figuring I would eventually find a proper windshield for it... so I asked EDS not to drill holes in the new shield, just in case the dealer-installed holes were different. I realize that I need special drill bits to drill the holes and I need to oversize them to account for temperature-related growth/shrinkage.

I will post some photos of the new shield when it arrives, and let you know about the quality and fit.

Anyway... thats a long answer to a short question ;)

Bandit with the holes filled with SS screws:
Attachments:

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #62948

Dean:

Thanks for your reply Sir! ;)

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #62949

Dean, did EDS make the windshield for that G-3 you posted the picture of?

Thanks.

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #63012

Yep. That photo was featured on their old website last August or so. Thats why I went back to them... it looked like right with the slight top to bottom radius.

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #63070

deanlofall wrote:

Yep. That photo was featured on their old website last August or so. Thats why I went back to them... it looked like right with the slight top to bottom radius.

Thanks alot for your reply on this Dean! ;)

With what you have said, I will wait to see how you like yours and if it meets your approval there are two (2) of us out here on the east coast that need new windshields and will most likely be ordering them for our G-3's too! :)

I know you are like me,....."meticulous" in the way everything looks on our G-3's and I respect that very much! ;)

Thanks again Dean!

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #63113

Thanks John :) as soon as it shows up... i will give you my run down on the quality and fit...and the first photos. :) I was hoping to see it this week... will need to find out if its shipped yet.

So John have you had the boat out? I hear its been rock'n HOT :( on your side of the country! We just had 2 days above 67 degrees here... but a cold front is coming in again in the PNW. Summer doesnt even consider us until July 5th.

Dean

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #63115

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
:laugh: Will be nice to see your windshield on bandit, I'm just wondering if you know what they make there molds out of. Did they give any info on the process. Cant find anything useful on the 'EDS Plastics' web site? :(

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #63126

deanlofall wrote:

Thanks John :) as soon as it shows up... i will give you my run down on the quality and fit...and the first photos. :) I was hoping to see it this week... will need to find out if its shipped yet.

So John have you had the boat out? I hear its been rock'n HOT :( on your side of the country! We just had 2 days above 67 degrees here... but a cold front is coming in again in the PNW. Summer doesnt even consider us until July 5th.

Dean

Thanks Dean! ;) Like many of the other members here, I am looking forward to seeing your new windshield and more so what your thoughts are on it.

Yes, we have had the G-3 out quite a bit already. Went up to Elizabeth City, N.C. and took a cruise up the Pasquatonick River with two other Glasspar Owners this past Sunday. Your right that it has been hot here, but Sunday it never got over 75 degrees! Very nice day and the water in that river was very smooth! Perfect water for our G-3! :)
Attachments:

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #63127

g3bill wrote:

:laugh: Will be nice to see your windshield on bandit, I'm just wondering if you know what they make there molds out of. Did they give any info on the process. Cant find anything useful on the 'EDS Plastics' web site? :(

Bill:

Here is a link for you to the EDS website:

www.manta.com/c/mmchfpl/edston-plastics-co

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #63129

Bill,....here is a link to their home page. If you look at their picture gallery they show a G-3 with one of their windshields.

www.edston.net

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #63170

Hey Bill,

Go to the old G3 site and search on Edston... there are quite a few posts.

Dean

Re:I Need A Windshield! 11 years 10 months ago #63177

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
WILL TRY, THANKS DEAN....B

Had better luck searching the internet but still need to clear up some details. I would like to try and make my own time allowing after I get the Seafair going? I would make a mold, not a one off mine as I have 3 g3's ;)

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024