• Page:

TOPIC: Dear Webmaster,

Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54459

• glassparnut
  • glassparnut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
OK, maybe this post belongs somewhere else, but I don't know, so heres my gripe for what its worth, if anything. Ever since the old G3 forum was deemed unreliable, archiac and obsolete, I could not access the "new and improved" board with my funky old WebTV box. I went for what seemed an eternity not being able to join in my beloved G3 forum, until I finally could not stand it any longer and took the $500.00 plunge, and bought me a fancy, state of the art, laptop!
Thought that would be the end of my woes, but since rejoining the party, access to this forum has been more UNreliable than ever, and since this last "glitch" I find myself wishing we could just go back to the old, archiac, but RELIABLE (for me), forum. One day, everything was working fine, but when I went to log on the next day, even though I had clicked the "remember me" box, my login info was gone! :( So, I sent for a new password, and got a "token" of alphabet soup, of 31 random digits and letters, that I carefully typed in to get back on the board. Result- LOGIN FAILED because "token" was "invalid".... :(
UUUGGGHHH!!! Not really sure how I finally got in again tonight, but thought I would take the opportunity to express my frustration before it kicks me out again. And I know I am not the only one that is having these sort of issues. I wonder, IF it were up to a vote, how many would really prefer the fancy, "new and improved" board over the old, "G3 Beisel board".... ??? :unsure:
any thoughts, comments or suggestions are appreciated!!!!
thanks for listening
NUT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54466

Hey Nut don't know whats wrong with your computer but I can log in with no problem. Only thing is now and then it forgets to remember me and i have to relog in. What virsion of Windows do you have on that fancy lap top. Also what are you using to get on the site Ezplore or foxfire or what?. If you can ever get over this way i might be able to work on that thing and get it working right for you.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54475

I enjoy the diversity of topics and all the folks over here on FG, and with all respect to the the great folks running this site... I preferred the G3 forum on the old site... For other reasons than login problems :)

These are my reasons:

- The site was simple and fast
- It was easy to glance (the outline view) and see what threads were active
- It felt more like a clubhouse
- The fun factor fell a few notches, maybe because the joking and banter feels more public... it feels more formal here.
- The G3 forum activity (since the move) has dropped to a trickle

Believe it or not... i AGREE with the NUT on this one. :ohmy: If not for different reasons... I preferred having the G3 forum over on the old site.

Dean
Attachments:

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54477

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I am just FDH with either payout of the message board. pros and cons with anything I guess but I am pleased just be able to be here.

PS FDH yes indeed means FAT DUMB and HAPPY!

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54478

The fun factor fell a few notches, maybe because the joking and banter feels more public... it feels more formal here

Our trash talking makes some people angry & defensive I received comments, not about running my mouth but how they didnt like the Mercury bashing...of course this was said on an all Mercury site I frequent :P

Michael

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54489

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
MadProps wrote:

The fun factor fell a few notches, maybe because the joking and banter feels more public... it feels more formal here

Our trash talking makes some people angry & defensive I received comments, not about running my mouth but how they didnt like the Mercury bashing...of course this was said on an all Mercury site I frequent :P

Michael

HA! so.... the Kooks don't like the Nuts Merc bashing, but obscene terms like "Squatty ANCHOR" are perfectly acceptable to them? Boy, they sure can dish it out to ol' NUT, but a bit oversensitive when the table is turned, huh? ;) Yep, Michael, you are right- some of them even sent me hostile personal emails to "defend" their kooky brethern, and vowed NEVER to return to the old forum because of it....whatever.... HA! :)
NUT

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54493

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
deanlofall wrote:

Believe it or not... i AGREE with the NUT on this one. :ohmy: If not for different reasons... I preferred having the G3 forum over on the old site.
WOW! coming from you this means ALOT! :ohmy: I agree with all of your reasons, too Dean, the login problems are just the most frustrating for me.... So, as a moderator, do you think the old Beisel Board could ever return by popular demand? or is its fate sealed forever? :unsure:
THANKS, DEAN!
NUT

Dean

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54495

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
pathfinderz1 wrote:

Hey Nut don't know whats wrong with your computer but I can log in with no problem. Only thing is now and then it forgets to remember me and i have to relog in. What virsion of Windows do you have on that fancy lap top. Also what are you using to get on the site Ezplore or foxfire or what?. If you can ever get over this way i might be able to work on that thing and get it working right for you.
Mike aka the pirate

Thanks for that kind offer, Mike, but other than that earlier MALWARE problem it had, I really don't think its MY computer....
A few others that use this forum have also told me privately, that they also have the same problems sometimes, and even you say now and then it forgets to remember you....Never had any of these issues with the old board, just sayin...
THANKS, and I hope things are going well for you, my friend!
NUT

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54513

The only time I ever get "forgoten" is when I use my cleaner-delete cookies- or defrag,.....maybe if you wouldnt look at all those NAKID OmC sites it wouldnt give you those problems......HA!

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54515

On my MAC computer this site NEVER remembers my password. I have to re-log in every time. Super annoying. My PC drops the password less. Fiberglassics.com has to be the slowest loading website on the internet right now. At east on my end. Every page is like waiting for the sun to rise. And many times it is just DOA.

It is certainly livable. Its worth the wait to read your comments. But its annoying.

Conrad

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54521

Notice is hereby given that my vote is for sale.

If anyone comes by with a 6-pack of PBR and helps me with my outboard for a couple hours, I will vote which ever way you want.

Just sayin' :p

Re: Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54614

You have a good point NUT, or a few of them.
My MAC has no trouble with login, nor on a cafe PC if traveling, except the site is almost as slow as me in the mornings after a big night out. Mostly I read without logging in.
I did prefer the "G3 Beisel board", probably because there seemed to be more enthusiasm and it felt sorta personal. Could be a sign of the (economic) times and subsequent less activity. And speed.
Both the G3 and the F/G sites are always interesting. I get my amusement from watching Ponyboy's videos and trying to decide who is winning between the OMC camp and the dark side, keeping up with Thom's magic and Shortshaft's adventures. And any of Lar's posts. When the laughter brings tears to my eyes I know it is time to log out.
I couldn't live without you all now - I am happy the sites are alive and working, at any speed.
Ken

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54616

Im glad to hear even as moderator of Fiberglassics Dean you feel the same way, we are a motley crew, maybe even a wolf pack the way we tear at each other & most things we posted ended up at some point not fit for a public board...I have a solution

when were first notified the old board was buggered, I mentioned I have a board I use only 1 room for my brother and I,
I just tweaked it so the G3 boys can have your clubhouse back , maybe FG can post a link as a sticky in here like it used to be ....we can be private again, & some take stress of FG server

check it out here
tinyurl.com/G3owners

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54629

OK got signed up. Now get Savage to sign up and the fun can begain.
Thanks Madprops
Mike aka the pirate

Re:Dear Webmaster, 12 years 3 months ago #54650

Ive logged in 23 times and every time I try to post on the new g3 site it makes me log on again and eraces my post........

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)