Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shipping G3 across country

Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54213

Does anyone have any suggestions on shipping G3 across country? I am thinking of purchasing G3 in Arkansas and shipping to New England. Is u-ship the best alternative. Any thoughts would be great. Distance approx. 1600mi. Was there a antique tractor web site that offers shipping?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54215

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
make sure you get someone with good feed back. there are some good haulers on there.

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54263

I understand that feedback is very important. I am in not that big of a rush and if I can just get it close that may work. Looking for all possibilities if anyone is coming north and would like there trip paid for etc. Thanks

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54266

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
that is a nice g3 you are looking at.

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54282

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
..H..D.: I dont have the phone # right now, BUT last week sent the notice to a Nashville buddy, about a husband / wife that just brought a AL boat out of MAINE into Lower Georgia....... He told the
customer they are going to be on new A & E " SHIPPING WARS " Last night was 1st episodes... Tuesdays nights...

Tractor site is " YESTERDAYS TRACTOR "....Here is the customer post & WEB ........ I finally found a transport company that was reasonable, flexible, and interested in providing the highest quality service available. I was very fortunate to find Dream Time Transportation www.dreamtimetrasportation.com . NASHVILLE , TENN. Better LINK dreamtimetransportation.com/Dream_Time_Transportation/Home.html

The owners, Scott Bawcom, and his wife, Susie, informed me that they had just finished shooting 10 episodes of upcoming A&E real-life series called, "Shipping Wars." The show follows six independent shippers who discover fortunes are made transporting items that other carriers won't touch. The series airs on Tuesday, January 10 at 9PM ET and 9:30 pm PT.

Scott & Susie were extremely professional, and coordinated every step of the way with me by phone from pick-up, transport, to delivery. They were fully licensed and insured with a solid reputation of excellent customer satisfaction and service. I had absolutely no worries and no doubt my boat was being handled
with care.

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54284

Thank you very much that is great information. I am in Maine too bad timing was off. I did email the transporters see what happens. Thanks again for the info.

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54452

Might wanna ask SHORTSHAFT Wehunt.... he recently had a SUPER G shipped from Nevada to Florida.... it even arrived in one piece! HA!
NUT

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54584

I to have a shipping delema I just bought a Powercat 15X race hull in CT and it needs to come to Minnesota so if a hauler is going east here is a back haul for them if the price is right.
Bob

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54647

Over the summer I bought a g3 from alabama and i broke my back over getting it shipped up here to upstate NY. After doing MAJOR research and many plans falling through, i found a private shipping company on u-ship . Swift transport i believe. Really nice guys and they ran on the cheap side so i was happy in the end. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. was the email address i used to talk to them
hopes this helps :laugh: :laugh: , derek

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54652

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I've had a boat and two trailers shipped via U-Ship. Put it up for bids, and see what happens. If you are flexible on pickup and delivery like I was, you can save a LOT- The guy that did my shipments picked them up at different times, and then delivered them all when he was passing through my area on the way to pick up another shipment. He actually did it for less that I could have driven up and back for, when you count gas costs.

Re: Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54686

halcyondays, I used Judy McMillen, a broker. Truck Watcher LLC ph# 715-453-4539. Bill Anderson recommended her and she did an outstanding for me. The longer you can wait the better prices get. Good luck with your project. SS
Bill Wehunt

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54733

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
I have had excellent luck on U-ship. Some are a little more "independent" than others as they don't communicate much, which is aggrevating. That said all has arrived OK. Wait for a good bid and be flexible. I'd cut and paste picks of your boat and see what happens on the uship site.
SHORTSHAFT: You have a Super G? Did you get that I/O?
I have a 64, an outboard, all the parts (console too!), transom is out, deck split off hull but, I have stalled out there while restoring other boats. I also have the 64 and 65 Glasspar catalogs showing the Super G's. They have to be the rarest 60's Glasspar, at least I'm guessing.
There is someone who has two Eaton drives that are mint if you are keeping it correct, I'd have to search around for where I saw them.
Randy

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54862

I used U-ship to get my Merc 850 from Darrell's shop in Illinois to my house near Seattle. Very pleased how easy it was and how it all worked out.

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54897

Randy, I sold the I/O to Skip. The Super G out of Nevada is an out board, 1964 with the standard interior. Back to back front seats and bench seat in the back. The cockpit is a little larger with no storage in front of the splash well.When I got it there were no seats so Hillbilly Boatworks is making a custon set of seats. SS
Attachments:

Re:Shipping G3 across country 12 years 3 months ago #54971

A friend just shipped a boat from my house to florida, nice guy and he goes everywhere. Billy Wood,772-418-7260

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)