• Page:

TOPIC: got some catchin up to do

got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50301

• glassparnut
  • glassparnut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
So, WAZZZZZZUP in the G3 world these days???? I have finally got a clean bill of health for this new LEMON LAPTOP, so thought I would check in before it decides to CRASH again. I don't need to tell you all how finicky machines that are black, chrome, and skinny can be, do I? Ya spend more time in the repair shop than ya do running them......I'm sure the KOOKS can relate!
Anyway, a few comments in a "NUT" shell....
Sorry to hear about GFORCE Lar, and wish him a speedy and complete recovery......PIRATE Mike has test fired his CANNON!!! Hope it put the "target" in Davey Jones' locker....Must say, PONYBOY Jeff's suction cup stick-on video camera is VERY cool!!! Appears to work great with Mercury motors, but it could never stay attached to an OMC powered hull, unless bolted and fiberglassed in place.....Speaking of bolted in place, I read the Good Dr. Frankenmerc is having trouble keeping keeping his motor attached to his transom. GEE, what do you expect when the brilliant Mercury engineers decided to use them cheezy THUMB SCREW clamps to attach their motors? DUH!....... and the best news of all, JIM SAVAGE has finally dumped his wimpy little putt-putt, and joined the "TRIPLE DIGIT CLUB"!!!! I know some are concerned that Jimmy might get into trouble with his 2 additional cylinders, but remember, Jims learned how to handle REAL FIREPOWER waaay back in the 60's when he ran a mighty JOHNSON V4, so not to worry- that new whistling silo of his won't even generate nearly enough velocity to splat bugs in his teeth, no less push the envelope of, the danger zone...... I saw that picture that Ben submitted for the front cover of the calendar-remember, the one with the good looking girl on the center deck? To me, it just BEGS a caption, like...."Dang it, Ben, I am NOT swimming back to the dock AGAIN- I am gonna sit up here and wait for my hero GLASSPARNUT to tow us in!" HA!...... so, has Deans "bandit" ever broken the 40 mph barrier? Or does it still need more "Doctor appointments" for intensive care?... well, thats all the "NUT" notes I can think of at the moment, but will continue to read through the posts, and make sure you guys have been behaving yourselves while I was away. HA!
NUT
PS I LIKE that R/C G-3!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50379

SO the nut comes outa hiding.....bought a black&chrome machine :ohmy: ,,,,LOL Nut I fully expect you set and watch my movies with a toy johnson up close to your eyes and pretend that Im running my boats(in slowmotion)using an OMC....HA!
Attachments:

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50434

glassparnut wrote:

Holy Cow Bill
how did you stuff all that in a "NUT" shell?

As for me, guess you could say, I am poking along toward recovery.
Doing all I can to stay busy; helps keep the mind off things.
Thanks for the well wishes
lar
GForce

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50487

Good to hear you are better Lar!! Think of ya often.

All the talk NUT does about me makes me feel great and he is just jealous of my Tower of Power (remember Nut, Six in a row make 'em go"!!

Here is a new pic of it just for the NUT!!!

Got a 12 X 20" 2-blade stainless prop on the way that will make my Merc 1000 very fast!! Can't wait to try it out!
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50510

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ponyboy wrote:

SO.....bought a black&chrome machine :ohmy: ,,,,LOL

Yep, the first and LAST skinny black and chrome machine I will ever own..... just like those skinny black and chrome outboard motors, this laptop has spent more time in the repair shop than running in the real world. Although it couldn't handle this "new and improved" G3 forum,(or eBay, or You Tube) my trusty old fashion WebTV box has never let me down for emailing and surfing the web. And guess what? The WebTV receiver box is..... GRAY and WHITE, just like a JOHNSON OUTBOARD!!!!!!! coincidence? I think not.... HA!
NUT
PS THANKS for the EVINRUDE eye candy.....too bad ugly Peg's transom wasn't about 25" tall.....That STARFLITE 90-S cover looks like it fits the lower pan of the 135 nicely- or did you modify it to fit?

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50512

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
boatgeek wrote:

glassparnut wrote:

Holy Cow Bill
how did you stuff all that in a "NUT" shell?

lar
GForce

Well, Lar, its all been building up, the whole time this junky laptop has been on the fritz....once it was cleared of its malware virus, I figured I better get a quick post in before it decides to not work again.... how you MERC guys put up with skinny black and chrome things that only work when they want, I will NEVER know....
HA!
NUT

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50514

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
the savage ii wrote:

Good to hear you are better Lar!! Think of ya often.

All the talk NUT does about me makes me feel great and he is just jealous of my Tower of Power (remember Nut, Six in a row make 'em go"!!

Here is a new pic of it just for the NUT!!!

Got a 12 X 20" 2-blade stainless prop on the way that will make my Merc 1000 very fast!! Can't wait to try it out!

Ahhhhh! Thanks for the thoughtful gift, Jim, I REALLY needed a new DARTBOARD!!! your old one was shredded pretty badly....HA!
Soooooo, am I understanding this right? a fancy new "speed" prop is "on the way"? and, it is just what you need to make that hideous whistling silo "very fast" .... hummmm...why don't ya just say it- THIS RIG HAS NEVER EVEN BEEN TESTED!!! You are starting to sound like MADPROP, who claims he is gonna run away from my MIGHTY Johnson V4 with an old scrap pile special.....
RIIIIGHT!!!! Remember! 4 in a "V" makes ya PEE!!! HA!
NUT

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50522

glassparnut wrote:

Yep, the first and LAST skinny black and chrome machine I will ever own..... just like those skinny black and chrome outboard motors, this laptop has spent more time in the repair shop than running in the real world.

In restrospect, it would appear, we should not have encouraged you to dabble with the dark forces.
I spent the majority of yesterday feeling horrible on your behalf (as if I didn't have enough aches and pains to ponder).
Trouble is, I have not seen a laptop of the beige persuasion in a over a decade.
My suspicion is, they were phased out of the product line,
because they were slooooooow, and picked up dirt, everywhere they go.

Maybe, should have encouraged you to purchase a pewter model, with names like toughbook or perhaps, at worst, a pavilion.
The toughbooks are mil-spec and very pricey..... so that is out

The pavilion sorta puts you right back where you are....

an ebay search of "beige laptop" brings up "old lady" handbags....
might fit the durability test, but,
wont be any computing going on there, unless we find you one,
that has an abacus hidden in a pouch, or, at best, an ole beige calculator.

Of course, I could suggest, what the younger generation already knows....
Don't need no laptop, no clunky, desk bound, computer...
They got phones now that will handle just about everything:
even access FG.....
can you imagine, flip the phone one way, take a pic of your g3,
turn it over and post a message to FG.
Just talking about it makes me feel old, Vintage, and out of date.....

scuse me, think I gotta mid-level pain to attend to

lar
GForce

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50526

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Since until recently I had never even seen a G3 in person, (had the privilege of perusing Split's '59, and the one Andgott is replacing the transom in the last couple weeks) I try not to clutter up the G3 forums with unrelated banter. I do, however want to say it's great to have both of you guys back! Nut, "Team OMC" just doesn't have sufficient representation without ya, and you know how "the Darkside" gang gets without someone to keep them in check! And lar, so glad to hear you're on the mend brother! (Albeit a long and painful road, I'm sure.) I'll slip quietly back into observation mode, just wanted to say welcome back guys, we missed you. ;)

Mark

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50532

The way I heard it was that NUT tried some OMC tune-up techniques on his laptop and after that it just wasnt fast enough to catch up with the Kookyhuffer gang.

Oh and BTW NUT, I think the only time Bandit has been below 40 MPH is when its sitting on the trailer. I have one hell of a time just holding on when the skinny WHITE Merc is in gear... now I know why the Doctor insisted I put a dead man switch in Bandit; if I am not careful, i could be blown right out of the cockpit. :ohmy:

Attachments:

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50534

Dean
That is one KILLER photo!!!

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50536

Thanks Lar!

It was thanks to the MERC-fast trigger finger... er... shutter finger of the Doctor Frankenmerc.

Most photos come out looking like this ;)

Attachments:

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50555

• nj666
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Dean,

That is one beautiful boat sitting on the trailer. Even better at speed on the water. Enjoy. Can't wait to see Jim Savage with his new motor on the water.
Bruce

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50573

Thanks Bruce... I think that the white motor from the dark side is Bandit's greatest attribute, wouldnt you agree NUT? :laugh:

I too, can't wait to see Jim's big black beast on Savage II tearing up the Florida lakes. :cheer:

Dean

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50576

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
MarkS wrote:

you know how "the Darkside" gang gets without someone to keep them in check!

Oh YES, Mark, I DO know how they can get!!! Sometimes I feel I am a lone voice of reason in a sea of deranged "KOOKS", but this is nothing new for me, and it is my calling in life, alone, if necessary, to defend the honor, of all things OMC!!! Must say, though, the DARKSIDE has developed some EXCELLENT photoshop skills!!! For example, that picture Dean posted of the "Bandit".....at first glance, looks like he is actually, sort of, speeding along the water, doesn't it? Well, folks, it is actually a picture of him sitting in his boat, in the driveway, making motor noises while Dr. Thom, is hammering away trying to get his dock crasher to start. It was very HOT that day, so Dean turned on a fan to blow in his face. The picture was then cut out, carefully applied to a blurry background and WA-LA! a "speeding" MERC! Dean even made one a while back of, ME....of all things, ALLIGATOR WRESTLING!!!! HA! Both "photos" are about as preposterous as it gets, but goes to show ya how just how far they will go to brainwash the unsuspecting innocent over to the "DARK SIDE".
Gotta wonder about those pics of Thom in "The fastest G3 in the West" post.... hummmmmm......
HA!
NUT

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50577

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
deanlofall wrote:

"Thanks Bruce... I think that the white motor from the dark side is Bandit's greatest attribute, wouldnt you agree NUT?" Oh PLEEEEZE, Dean.... I just finished my dinner....UUUGGGHHH!!! :S

"I too, can't wait to see Jim's big black beast on Savage II tearing up the Florida lakes." Hate to break it to you guys, but Jims "big black beast" :S with the shiny propeller, is really just a TRAILER QUEEN- never even been WET!!!
HA!
NUT

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50578

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
boatgeek wrote:

glassparnut wrote:

Yep, the first and LAST skinny black and chrome machine I will ever own..... just like those skinny black and chrome outboard motors, this laptop has spent more time in the repair shop than running in the real world.

In restrospect, it would appear, we should not have encouraged you to dabble with the dark forces.
I spent the majority of yesterday feeling horrible on your behalf (as if I didn't have enough aches and pains to ponder).
Trouble is, I have not seen a laptop of the beige persuasion in a over a decade.
My suspicion is, they were phased out of the product line,
because they were slooooooow, and picked up dirt, everywhere they go.

Maybe, should have encouraged you to purchase a pewter model, with names like toughbook or perhaps, at worst, a pavilion.
The toughbooks are mil-spec and very pricey..... so that is out

The pavilion sorta puts you right back where you are....

an ebay search of "beige laptop" brings up "old lady" handbags....
might fit the durability test, but,
wont be any computing going on there, unless we find you one,
that has an abacus hidden in a pouch, or, at best, an ole beige calculator.

Of course, I could suggest, what the younger generation already knows....
Don't need no laptop, no clunky, desk bound, computer...
They got phones now that will handle just about everything:
even access FG.....
can you imagine, flip the phone one way, take a pic of your g3,
turn it over and post a message to FG.
Just talking about it makes me feel old, Vintage, and out of date.....

scuse me, think I gotta mid-level pain to attend to

lar
GForce

Sigh.... I think you are RIGHT, Lar....never seen a nice white/ grey laptop offered. Dontcha just wish JOHNSON built MORE things?
The world would certainly be a better place, indeed! HA!
take care of yourself, buddy
NUT

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50587

glassparnut wrote:

Sigh.... I think you are RIGHT, Lar....never seen a nice white/ grey laptop offered. Dontcha just wish JOHNSON built MORE things?
The world would certainly be a better place, indeed! HA!
take care of yourself, buddy
NUT

Bill
I wish America was building more things!
It still amazes me, a guy can pound the pavement, and for a few hundred bucks, bring home a vintage, black or beige, motor. And, for a few hundred more, with a lil luck, care, skill, and often, the help of others, bring it back to life.
A true testimony to American, albeit VINTAGE Engineering.
Also, see note below.

The same could almost be said for the computers currently available.
For a few hundred, the world is at your fingertips.
The machines, in and of themselves, are modern marvels.
Unfortunately, there is a nefarious element out there who have nothing better to do than write malicious code to derail the unsuspecting user.
Very similar to someone sneaking up on your boat and attempting to start it, knowing full well there are rocks near the prop.
"I fail, to understand the motivation"
Unless your prepared for the event, (and who thinks in terms of foreseeable paranoia?)you could find yourself breached at the beach!

At the risk of waxing philosophical
The light at the end of the tunnel, isn't always a train.
and
The truth be told, the true nature of the dark side, lies within....

lar
GForce

*Recently watched a PBS documentary where it was stated:
"In many third world countries, given the choice between an Asian and American product, the buyer would choose American, hands down, everytime!"

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50600

need I say more..........

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50632

Good one Jeff...HEY what a great use for MIGHTY V-4 POWER! I bet that at full power, all the hostas will get watered.

No NUT, that is not what us Kooks call a rooster tail. :lol:

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50657

No Trailer queen Nut, I have been moving for 6 weeks and no time for the nicest Merc powered G-3 you ever saw!!! Oh, I need more prop, as the one I ran wasn't holding the rpms down, so we had to chop the throttle in the mid-fiftis (mph).

Your computer problems and your outboard motor problems BOTH began when you bought the hunk of junk Johnson at the Salvation Army Store and then due to being dumb, you buy a computer at Goodwill!!! Oh yea, what about the piece of "Jap Junk" ya drive??? Is it causing problems too!!!
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50684

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ponyboy wrote:

need I say more..........

:angry: YES, I think ya need to say more..... how about....
SACRILEGE!!!!! This family should be ARRESTED!!! Let me guess.... Thom FrankenMercs next door neighbor??? UUUGGGHHH!!!
HA!
NUT

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50685

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
deanlofall wrote:

No NUT, that is not what us Kooks call a rooster tail. :lol:

Oh.... I think Jim Savage can tell us all what an OMC STINGER ROOSTER TAIL looks like up close and personal, right JC? right Brian? I bet his shirt is STILL wet!!!! :woohoo: HA!
NUT

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50686

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
the savage ii wrote:

"No Trailer queen Nut, I have been moving for 6 weeks"

yea, I heard about you moving....6 weeks ago....hummmmm isn't that about the same time you put that silo on the back of your boat? did the neighbors complain about that ugly black EYESORE devaluating their property? I can just imagine them getting up every morning and opening the curtains, only to see the view BLOCKED by that SKYSCRAPER.....UUUGGGHHH!!!! :P HA!
NUT

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50695

HAAAAAAAAA.......ha!

Sorry NUT, I guess when I found that, I just had to post it...TOO funny a 60 75hp as a sprinkler.........makes me giggle....!!!

so here is a real johnson to make up for my.........well rudeness.
Attachments:

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50696

Hey Jeff, that tunnel is setup just like my Avalon in her earlier years... YEP NUT, this is one mean OMC powered girl:
Attachments:

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #50738

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ponyboy wrote:

HAAAAAAAAA.......ha!

Sorry NUT, I guess when I found that, I just had to post it...TOO funny a 60 75hp as a sprinkler.........makes me giggle....!!!

so here is a real johnson to make up for my.........well rudeness.

well, ok.... since you repented with those wonderful pictures, I guess I can forgive your "rudeness" this time!!! Good for a KARMA point for you, too! HA! The FIRST pic is really cool- TWIN V4s!!! But, hey, in that second pic, if you look closely, I think I can see Deans Bandit in your propwash....or is that Jim? hard to make out for certain, but its definately MERCURY powered..... HA!
NUT

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #51057

Yep NUT... Thats the wiley BANDIT in the prop wash (and definately MERCURY powered).... but what you didnt see is the rest of the film:

HAPPY THANKGSGIVING NUT (you shouldn't view this film before you eat!)

Attachments:

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 4 months ago #51252

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
deanlofall wrote:

Yep NUT... Thats the wiley BANDIT in the prop wash (and definately MERCURY powered).... but what you didnt see is the rest of the film:

HAPPY THANKGSGIVING NUT (you shouldn't view this film before you eat!)

tisk, tisk, tisk.....very clever, but seriously, Dean, do you REALLY think we are going to fall for that old "run the film backwards" trick, AGAIN???? ;) We have seen this pathetic attempted deception many times from Team Mercury, but by now, we DO understand that its really the only way for you to visualize a Merc overtaking an OMC. Now, everyone, run the "film" from bottom to top for the REAL story, and watch the "Bandit" get hosed!! :woohoo:
Hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!! (BURP!)
HA!
NUT

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 3 months ago #51531

One for the nut and the other two OMC fans.......

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 3 months ago #51964

• glassparnut
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ponyboy wrote:

One for the nut and the other two OMC fans.......

WOW, THANKS!!!! This is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! I am gonna watch it OVER and OVER as an antidote to those other movies you posted a while back...... HA!
NUT

Re:got some catchin up to do 12 years 3 months ago #51967

One for the nut and the other two OMC fans......

funny stuff :woohoo: :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)