Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wild Thanggg

Wild Thanggg 12 years 5 months ago #48344

After our PNW G3 Meet at Spenser Lake, I found that my FrankenStack was loose on the transom. I tightened the bolts and took Wild Thanggg out again today.
At first she performed perfectly. No chinewalking - just straight ahead at wide open throttle.
I did back-to-back 65 MPHgps runs today before running out of lake and having to back out of the throttle with RPMs still climbing.
These runs were followed by a few 64MPHgps runs as the ride began to get wild again.
I took old Wild Thanggg in and put her on the trailer.
The FrankenStack had broken free again, and all the same bolts were loose again.
It appears that the transom is crushing where the bolts go through.
It was a new transom in 2001.
I think the wise thing to do is to retire Wild Thanggg until I can return her as Mild Thanggg. Stay tuned.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Wild Thanggg 12 years 5 months ago #48353

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
that must be a very torque-ee motor. I wonder if you were to sleeve where the bolts go through that transom that it may deflect some of that power.

Re:Wild Thanggg 12 years 5 months ago #48358

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Sorry to hear of W.T's demise, Doc! Everyone please stand, remove your hat and place your hand over your heart while we honor the passing of a LEGEND! Glad to hear you'll be bringing her back, even if it is as Mild Thanggg. ;)

Kinda supports the argument (okay, philosophy) of using "non-organic" materials for rebuilds, right?

Mark

Re:Wild Thanggg 12 years 5 months ago #48365

Doc can you not backup the transom with a couple exterior plates of aluminum to disperse the pressure

Re:Wild Thanggg 12 years 5 months ago #48374

:( sniff-sniff... A moment of silence please!

HEY Wait a minute! We are not talking about the retiring of Wild Thanggg. We are only talking about retiring the FrankenStack from Wild Thanggg. HA... is there hope that Bandit can finally keep up, without having her doors blown off??? (sigh) Probably not.

If Wild Thanggg truely becomes Mild Thanggg... then maybe I will be forced to find a LOOPER and do laps out in front of his house. :woohoo: He couldnt take it... (like Popeye) "it's all I can stand, and I can'ts stands no more!" and would need to run out to the Franken Shop, slug down a can of Spinach and ...????

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Wild Thanggg 12 years 5 months ago #48375

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
C'mon Doc what can we do to help keep her Wild!?!?! It is real cool to look at a G3 with only the prop in the water @ WOT. And you look sooooooooooo good doing it as your hair is combed by unseen winds @ GR8 speeds. How bout exterior plates and sleeves for the hardware? That should hold her in place.
Just looking for some justification........

Re:Wild Thanggg 12 years 5 months ago #48391

Thanks for the ideas guys, but unless I give Wild Thanggg a 'full make-over' I don't feel it would hold up. There are a 'few' cracks showing up too.
If Wild Thanggg truely becomes Mild Thanggg... then maybe I will be forced to find a LOOPER and do laps out in front of his house. He couldnt take it... (like Popeye) "it's all I can stand, and I can'ts stands no more!" and would need to run out to the Franken Shop, slug down a can of Spinach and ...????

Well,...I wouldn't be reaching for Spinach,...I'd be reachin' for a shot of TCW-3 with a trace of 100LL to get the FIRE back in my bones.
Then,...Like an old cowboy movie, where the gunslinger has put down his guns,...Only to be taunted by young whipper-snappers until he has a shot or two of whiskey, puts on his best shirt, and dons his gunbelt one more time.
Then you,...You EVIL TRAITOR to the DARK SIDE,...Will become the first victim of the Return of Wild Thanggg.
:evil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
A simple (8) nut shuffle is all that will be required,...EIGHT NUTZ.
Then ANY OMC NUT will face the WRATH of Ole Wild Thanggg again!!!
Granted,...Like a scarred and aged ole gunslinger, that realized the importance of 'stepping up' even though certain death could well be the outcome,...Ole Wild Thanggg will show up and face the FOOLISH Challenge of the wimpy looper crowd and their Gang Leader,...Glasspar NUT.
:) :) :laugh:
Muu-Wah-haa-haa-a-a-a :evil: :evil: :evil:
Doc F
Attachments:

Re:Wild Thanggg 12 years 5 months ago #48737

Doc, what is that little icon on your transom??? :cheer:

Dean

Re:Wild Thanggg 12 years 5 months ago #48771

A Looper was spotted out on Shelton's Island Lake, not far from the Wild Thanggg's dock. Could it be the suspect traitor to the darkside?

A short time later, the frame of a tall and confident man emerged through the front door, and he calmly walked to the edge of the front porch... With a slight squint in his eye he stared at the tiny Looper for what seemed like an eternity. The Looper smelled danger, (or was it TCW-3 with a trace of 100LL?) and pulled its throttle back to get a better look at the mysterious man on the porch... at that very moment the man pulled out of his pocket, not one but eight nuts. What could this mean? With a long and intense stare at the eight nuts, he clenched his teeth. He raised his eyes and to take a second look at the pesky Looper. A slight smile emerged on his face as he raised what appeared to be vintage Winchester... a crack rang out as an eary ZING crossed the bow of the poor Looper's boat and splashed off the port side. A moment later the Looper was spotted screaming for the Mason County launch as a "Muu-Wah-haa-haa-a-a-a" echoed across the lake...

Thom gasped and woke up in his Lazy-boy, the fireplace with only a few dim embers and the TV blaring a senseless infomercial. He blinked his eyes and thought "HOLY MERC...what a dream!". Thom reached for his bottle of water on the end table and realized that he held something in his hand.... he opened up his fingers and stared for a moment, then with a twinkle in his eye and slight smile on his face, he counted... eight nuts.
Attachments:

Re:Wild Thanggg 12 years 5 months ago #48790

lol

Re:Wild Thanggg 12 years 5 months ago #48801

Muu-Wah-Haa-haaa-a-a-a-a!!!!

Yes Bandit,...(8) little 9/16" NF nyloc nuts.
That's all it will take if ole Wild Thanggg has to be summoned out of retirement. (8) little nuts.

I believe I've made myself perfectly clear with the aforementioned little icon, and believe me when I say:

Nobody is snoozin' on my watch.

Muu-Wah-Haa-haaa-a-a-a-a!!!!

Sam Ellio,..er I mean Doc F!!!

:laugh:
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)