• Page:

TOPIC: Evinrude HUH........... an OMC let me down today

Evinrude HUH........... an OMC let me down today 12 years 7 months ago #42588

• Ponyboy
  • Ponyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
First time an evinrude ever let me down.......no start for 25 min ....on tape too.....NUT, I think your a NUT! I had to rebuild the carb at the lake, in the water, before I could go boatin......Team OMC......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Evinrude HUH........... an OMC let me down today 12 years 7 months ago #42591

Well at ;east you could get all the parts to work on it and not have to almost dissasembel half the motor to get to the carbs :lol:
Mike aka the pirate

Re:Evinrude HUH........... an OMC let me down today 12 years 7 months ago #42615

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
:laugh: Typical! wasn't unusual to see my uncle in the '70's doing the same thing to his 35 Lark, think it was. Rebuilding and trying to start it till the battery was dead then to the rope in the 110 weather, think he had 4 sets of plugs and a bag full of tools, what fun wondering if we'd ever get back to camp...

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

Re:Evinrude HUH........... an OMC let me down today 12 years 7 months ago #42624

Jeff,

Send Nut a pic of the repair in the water in the heat!!! Hes used to it ha!ha!

Met a friend of his today--here is his pic. Killed in Selma, Ala. last week. 604 lbs, 14-1/2 feet long!

Jim S
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:Evinrude HUH........... an OMC let me down today 12 years 7 months ago #42740

Ponyboy wrote:

First time an evinrude ever let me down.......no start for 25 min ....on tape too.....NUT, I think your a NUT! I had to rebuild the carb at the lake, in the water, before I could go boatin......Team OMC......

OK, hold the phone...I SMELL A RAT!!!! :angry: SOME people might buy your story for face value, but I am skeptical.....sounds too much like a staged "event" to publicly humiliate Team OMC to me!!! So.... ya just happen to have the video rollin, huh? :dry: isn't THAT a coincidence....Suppose a MERC towed ya in too, right? I have seen "The Jeff and Todd Show" before and KNOW Todd is another hardcore MERC guy..... was he anywhere near your Evinrude making "adjustments" to your carb(s) before it "let you down"? Ya had to "rebuild the carb at the lake" huh? And what exactly did you find wrong in there? A bowl full of contaminated gas? debris in the needle and seat? evidence of SABOTAGE???? :ohmy: I need more details, and ANSWERS, mister! HA!
NUT

Re:Evinrude HUH........... an OMC let me down today 12 years 7 months ago #42819

• Ponyboy
  • Ponyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Ok......NUT.......I will just tell ya how it happened... I installed my new gopro camera on the bow of my alumacraft....was gonna tape my FAVORITE EVINRUDE......backed in the river,doc the boat,park the jeep turn on the camera and push off...YAY I thought...sat in my seat slowly goin down stream, lit a cig, turned around and pulled the rope....pulled the rope....pulled the rope. pumped the bulb...tight.ck connections,ok, pulled the rope....pulled the rope,note the most boooooring movie ever....pulled the rope....well your startin to get it....PULLED the rope....the spill way is coming up, so I got out the oars and rowed back. Since its an evinrude I didnt bring ANY tools, but I found a pair of plyers in the jeep-pulled the plugs-good hot spark, no fuel.......I already know what happened, the needle is stuck in the carb blocking all fuel....called Beth and she brought me some tools and I rebuilt the carb,WITCH was clean enough to eat out of. standing IN THE SUN water upto my %$#@%^! got/er done and 1 pull it ran like it allways does........friggen OMCs :S :S :S :S :angry: :angry: :angry: :S

NO TODD,havent seen him in 3 years, he sold his boat.

:S
I do have a 69 red stripe merc 20hp in the shop! :cheer: :side: :laugh:

Re:Evinrude HUH........... an OMC let me down today 12 years 7 months ago #43212

Ponyboy wrote:

Ok......NUT.......I will just tell ya how it happened... I installed my new gopro camera on the bow of my alumacraft....was gonna tape my FAVORITE EVINRUDE......backed in the river,doc the boat,park the jeep turn on the camera and push off...YAY I thought...sat in my seat slowly goin down stream, lit a cig, turned around and pulled the rope....pulled the rope....pulled the rope. pumped the bulb...tight.ck connections,ok, pulled the rope....pulled the rope,note the most boooooring movie ever....pulled the rope....well your startin to get it....PULLED the rope....the spill way is coming up, so I got out the oars and rowed back. Since its an evinrude I didnt bring ANY tools, but I found a pair of plyers in the jeep-pulled the plugs-good hot spark, no fuel.......I already know what happened, the needle is stuck in the carb blocking all fuel....called Beth and she brought me some tools and I rebuilt the carb,WITCH was clean enough to eat out of. standing IN THE SUN water upto my %$#@%^! got/er done and 1 pull it ran like it allways does........friggen OMCs :S :S :S :S :angry: :angry: :angry: :S

NO TODD,havent seen him in 3 years, he sold his boat.

:S
I do have a 69 red stripe merc 20hp in the shop! :cheer: :side: :laugh:

Oh, I see now.... the old DOUBLE STANDARD!!! a simple stuck needle valve that most likely could have been unstuck with a strategically placed, light tap with a hammer, but none the less was quickly repaired at the beach and "runs like it always does on the first pull" gets profanitity laced anger, while the junky 20hp merc, thats "IN THE SHOP" (with an ooooo, RED STRIPE (???) :S ) gets cheers, smiles and thumbs up???? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Seems the whole world is backwards these days.....sigh..... HA!
GO TEAM OMC!!!!!
NUT
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7965 guests and one member online