Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update

Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update 12 years 7 months ago #41579

:laugh:

The surgeon released me today to go back to work and play on my knee surgery of 8 days ago. It is much better, but aches a lot late in the day after walking on it all day.

He stated that it is healing nicely and I did well thru the surgery.

Put the motor back on the G-3 this week, so now I can get in the boat again and run it again!!! Threw that Johnson away!!! Put the wimpy Merc 650 back on.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jim Savage

Re:Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update 12 years 7 months ago #41581

hello jim, I'm new to these boards but I'm glad to hear that your knee is better :laugh: I'm not really in the circle of "motor traders" but i was just wondering if you knew where to find a short shaft merc 650 (preferably early 1960s) i already asked around but if you had any ideas that would be great.

thanks, DW

Re:Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update 12 years 7 months ago #41582

DW, I don't know of one that is running right now, but will be on the look out for me.

Tell my friend Ben that I am doing better now.

Jim Savage

Re:Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update 12 years 7 months ago #41586

Good news on both fronts Jim!

Glad you are healing up well, and also glad to hear that the 650 BEAST is back where it belongs. I think the NUT must be getting NUTTIER to think the "Savage II" would ever sport a Johnnyrude. :lol:

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update 12 years 7 months ago #41588

wEll Jim it looks like you will be out on the water before me. All I have to do is teach the wife how to back up the boat down to the water and be close enough to float to the dock. It is a good thing we go out on week day when just about nobody there.
When that knee is good and healed up let me know and we will have a foot race. Now you notice I say foot not feet I only have one.
Now some pic of your boat out on the water.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update 12 years 7 months ago #41598

the savage ii wrote:

:laugh:

The surgeon released me today to go back to work and play on my knee surgery of 8 days ago. It is much better, but aches a lot late in the day after walking on it all day.

He stated that it is healing nicely and I did well thru the surgery.

Put the motor back on the G-3 this week, so now I can get in the boat again and run it again!!! Threw that Johnson away!!! Put the wimpy Merc 650 back on.

EXCELLENT!!! "WORK and PLAY" after surgery 8 DAYS ago???? WOW, thats AMAZING.... So, when do ya want to go WATERSKIING with me??? HA!
Now, whats this nonsense about "throwing away a JOHNSON"?
Thought you wanted to return to your roots, and savor a taste of VICTORY for a change, like you used to in your RACE days? humm... Guess not.... Oh well, that wimpy clatterbox of yours has ALWAYS been good for TROLLING.....HA! :S
NUT

Re:Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update 12 years 7 months ago #41599

the savage ii wrote:

DW, I don't know of one that is running right now, but will be on the look out for one

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Yea, quite a RARE find indeed.... a RUNNING Merc!!! I'll be on the lookout for one, too.... HA!
NUT

Re:Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update 12 years 7 months ago #41600

pathfinderz1 wrote:

wEll Jim it looks like you will be out on the water before me. All I have to do is teach the wife how to back up the boat down to the water and be close enough to float to the dock. It is a good thing we go out on week day when just about nobody there.
When that knee is good and healed up let me know and we will have a foot race. Now you notice I say foot not feet I only have one.
Now some pic of your boat out on the water.
Mike aka the pirate

Speaking of quick recoverys.... MIKE, YOU are AMAZING, my friend!!! Glad to see you have still got your sense of humor and are comtemplating BOATING already, after your recent ordeal.....AWESOME! Can't keep a good man down!!! I predict we will have ANOTHER OMC powered G3 in our group by next SPRINGTIME!!! YEE HA!
NUT

Re:Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update 12 years 7 months ago #41631

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Jim,
Glad the surgery went well. I was looking forward to meeting you and Elizabeth on your trip north to ME maybe next year. When you do come north let me know I will toss a few lobsters on the pot for you.
Jim

Re:Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update 12 years 7 months ago #41820

That will be great!! Thanks for the invite. Hopefully we can make the trip up your way sometime in the next year or so.

Jim Savage

Re:Jim Savage Knee Surgery Update 12 years 7 months ago #41821

Yes, i will ski with you, but ya gotta get a boat that will pick up a skier!!! Now, where is that picture of your boat straining to pick you up in deep water???

And yea, my beautiful Merc is very dependable all the time! Has never let me down in 7 years!!

Jim Savage
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat