• Page:

TOPIC: Question For Dr Frankenmerc and Others can jump in

Question For Dr Frankenmerc and Others can jump in 8 years 7 months ago #114746

• hodgify
  • hodgify's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have what I believe is a 65 G3 open deck that I am starting to restore . My questions are , from the pictures is it a 65 or newer ? I will be putting a 1978 90hp tower of power with tilt and trim on it and I have been going back on forums to see if it is worth my time to put a pad on the bottom as it will change how high I redo the transom . Any advice would be great .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Question For Dr Frankenmerc and Others can jump in 8 years 7 months ago #114797

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
The good Doctor or some of the G3 guru's can help with the year model ID I'm sure. On the pad - There's a gentleman named Tom Brown who did an excellent write up on his trials and tribulations on adding a pad to the hull of a Carlson (Glastron). I can provide a link to a website that has it captured, as it was originally posted on a Carlson Speed website that no longer exists unfortunately.

The bottom line was the performance increase gained from all the work entailed was NOT worth the effort required I believe. Leave your Glassic hull as is, and "if you want to go 70+ MPH get a Hydrostream!" Hope this helps......

Mark

Re:Question For Dr Frankenmerc and Others can jump in 8 years 7 months ago #114822

It looks like it is a '65-'67 model.
I did extensive modifications to the bottom of my '66, and clearly gained speed and cornering ability, but I also had to add after-planes to stabilize the beast.
I can not encourage any of my modifications. The G-3 is an awesome little sub-50 MPH boat, but above that is a risk of ruining a perfectly good little cruiser.
As Mark said,...Buy a Hydrostream if you want to break the sound barrier. That's what I did :-)
doc
Attachments:

Re:Question For Dr Frankenmerc and Others can jump in 8 years 7 months ago #114825

• hodgify
  • hodgify's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the advice , will leave the bottom the way it is , sub 50mph sounds fast enough . Wife is not to happy when we are over 40 in these little boats anyway.

Re:Question For Dr Frankenmerc and Others can jump in 8 years 7 months ago #114925

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Your Wife Too! Well have fun anyway.

Al

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:Question For Dr Frankenmerc and Others can jump in 8 years 7 months ago #114927

My wife would prefer 25 MPH. And they wonder why we go fishing without them.... :angry:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6817 guests and 2 members online