TOPIC: 2015 AOMCI Carolinas Chapter calender

2015 AOMCI Carolinas Chapter calender 9 years 3 months ago #102863

• l98tpi
  • l98tpi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The Carolinas Antique Outboard Motor Club Inc. chapter coverage includes: SW VA, Smith Mountain, Claytor, Buggs, Kerr, Gaston, areas and lakes in between and all of NC and SC. Chapter president is Scott Bogue. scott dot aomci at gmail dot com

Coming to an AOMCI meet is a good way to buy, sell, trade, ask technical questions, make new acquaintances and renew old ones, or just enjoy being around old outboard motors and the books, articles, ads, accessories, and boats that define them. Come to a meet and if you enjoy hanging out with this bag of outboard nuts join the national club (AOMCI.org) and the chapter.

Here’s what’s coming up for 2015, this includes club meets, and other events our area members attend or participate in. I will add dates and times as they firm up. If you see dates, the event is a go. Send me a PM if you are coming so I can get a head count and forward details/directions.:

January:
>Saturday the 24th, Carolinas AOMCI, 'Bob's Garage Meet' in Wirtz, VA, dry meet near Smith Mountain Lake (PM me for directions) Bob has a rather nice collection worth the drive to see. Starts about 9ish. Come and forget the winter layup for a few hours.

February: Open

March: Open.

April:
>Saturday the 24th, The Marine Market, Washington, NC waterfront, Carolinas AOMCI provides an outboard, boat display, and swap area. This is nice event that the city puts on, not to be missed. Bring the wife and stay the weekend. Photos from a couple years back www.washingtononthewater.com/WashMarineMarket.html
Past flyer www.littlewashingtonnc.com/event/marine-market www.facebook.com/events/686517561368543/?ref=5
www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/main-forum/rpt-on-aomci-gtg-washington-nc
>Blue Ridge ACBS show at Lake Hartwell, date time TBD

May:
>28-31 Carolinas AOMCI meet, 'Mini vacation' Wet meet at Hickory Knob State Park, McCormick, SC
>Raleigh Durham ACBS boat show at Lake Gaston, date time TBD.

June:
>{Tentative} Carolinas AOMCI meet, Reidsville Lake NC, wet meet or possible joint meet with the Fiberglassic/Glastron guys at Falls Lake NC.

July:
>{Tentative} move Reidsville Lake NC, wet meet to July.
>Raleigh Durham ACBS, Summer Run, at Lake Gaston NC, date time TBD.

August:
>5-8 AOMCI National Meet, Tomahawk, Wisconsin, The mother of all AOMCI events, not to be missed if you are a motor head. If you are looking for parts, motors, boats, selling, showing or just to eyeball all the displays and goodies, this is the place.
>{Tentative} A central east cost event for the AOMCI 50 Year Anniversary. If/when/where TBD.

September:
>2nd Saturday is usually the SML ACBS show. More AOMCI participation is planned. Details to come.
>Carolinas AOMCI meet, Philpott Lake, VA. usually on the first Saturday. This is a nice facility for a meet and a pretty lake. This may be moved away from the ACBS show. TBD

October:
>Raleigh Durham ACBS, Fall Run, at Lake Gaston NC, date time TBD.

November: Open

December: Open

If you know of events in the area that may be of interest, or want to talk about a joint event, PM me and I will add them or pass along the info.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)