Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
FiberGlassics® North-West
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is there a NW meeting of Glassics?

Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #26870

• deanlofall
  • deanlofall's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
So all you NW Glassheads, is there any kind of a rendevous that happens in this neck of the country during the summer months? I am here west of Seattle, but am willing to travel anywhere in the NW to meet up with folks. Being fairly new to this community, I dont know what ya'all do to get together.

While i've had a '59 Avalon for about 20 years (repowered and semi-restored in 2008), this year I am doing a full-up resto on a '59 G3, which is what tuned me into this FG community. I expect to have it in the water in June.

I'd really love to hook up to get out, meet and run with NW Glassics. :lol:

Dean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #26929

• Oceans2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hi Dean,

To my knowledge there is no organized meeting of Glassic's in our area. You might be interested in Northwest Classic Boat Club.

www.classicboatclub.com/

They have meets throughout the boating season around the sound. However all but a few of their events require that you be a paid member to participate.

Melanie

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #26951

I'm with you Dean. It would be great to have a few gatherings around the Great Northwest. I too wouldn't mind traveling to a few gatherings during the summer, just to get out and see some new sights and meet new friends.

Nick

1961 Uniflite 19' Express, Bearcat 55 powered
1975 Chris Craft 25' Tournament Fisherman, Twin 181 FL inboard

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #27061

I am pretty new to this. Me and my beat up boat would love to meet some other people! A weekend get together sounds great!

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #27086

• deanlofall
  • deanlofall's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Seems as though if there is nothing organized, then its up to us to pull something together? Though we need to hear from some more folks to get some momentum going.

A weekend (or a long weekend) would be great.

Depending on where folks might be coming from, there are lots of places to centrally locate it to find some nice water, ammenities and weather.

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #27102

• billr
Dean is right, we just have to make it happen.
I'm up for something on west side of mountains in Seattle area or north. Later in the year I'd be up to coming over east of the mountains like Lake Roosevelt etc. Or Banks Lake. Or in Idaho, I've never been to Priest, Cour d Alene, Pond Oreille. Geez hope I spelled 'em right.

I'll be taking my Skagit 20 out to Hope Island and Skagit Island just inside Deception Pass later in this month and throughout the year if anyone is interested.
It would be a short cruise to the uninhabited islands in saltwater, and overnight camping on the beach.

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #27104

My girlfriend and I have been talking about a trip to the coast at some point so I would be interested in something west of the hills too. I have been to quite a few lakes around here. Coeur d'Alene is nice, and 2 min. from my house but there are next to no public areas. Priest Lake is one of the nicest around as far as scenery and nice large camp spots. Lake Roosevelt is pretty nice and it is all public land and nice sand for a majority of the lake so beaching is not much of an issue there either.

Nick

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #27778

I am going to the hydro races over in Tri Cities this summer. If anyone is interested in meeting up over there let me know.

Nick

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #27847

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Theres 5 or 6 events the AOMCI crowd here. Late summer at Spencer Lake, and Mossyrock are great. Some members here go yearly. Check the link
www.aomci.org/events/

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #27856

• billr
Those AOMCI events are a ball. I went with Puget Sounders chapter to Baker Lake year before last, what a blast!

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #27911

FYI, here's a list of all remaining 2011 events of Northwest Classic Boat Club. You can check out NWCBC's website at www.classicboatclub.com for other information. Most members of the club run classic-glass boats, although several have woodies, as well.

2011 CALENDAR OF EVENTS - NORTHWEST CLASSIC BOAT CLUB
www.classicboatclub.com

April 16th – Lake Union / Ship Canal Tour
A Springtime Cruise / Tune-up run through the Lake Washington Ship Canal and Lake Union, Seattle. The general plan will be to launch at various points in the Seattle area and rendezvous at Lake Union, have lunch together at a waterfront café and do a shoreline crawl through some of Lake Washington Ship Canal’s marinas, ogling the many classic boats that are tucked in back corners of the marinas. Coordinator: Marty Loken. NWCBC Members only, please

May 7th – Opening Day Parade
The annual Opening Day Parade sponsored by the Seattle Yacht since 1920, our participation this year will be highlighted by the presence of Sweet Zoanna, Tim Jones' beautiful Skagit Saratogan. The theme this year is “Salish Sea Treasures”. Coordinator: Brian Flaherty NWCBC Members only, please.

May 21st – Willamette & Columbia Rivers / Portland Cruise
We’ll launch at Cathedral Park in North Portland, then cruise upstream through the downtown area and up to Oregon City Falls. Some boats could be parked overnight at the Drake’s property in Scappoose for an additional exploration of the Willamette and downstream on the Columbia on Sunday. Coordinator: Bruce Drake NWCBC Members only, please

June 11th - Blake Island Picnic Day Cruise
While we've often paused briefly at Blake Island during NWCBC boating events, this time we'll be able to thoroughly explore one of Puget Sound's most accessible gems, while sharing a picnic on the beach. Blake Island Marine State Park, immediately south of Bainbridge Island and easily accessed from launch ramps in Seattle, Winslow, Manchester, Port Orchard, Bremerton or Brownsville, offers a gorgeous hiking trail around its perimeter; picnic tables, restrooms, a small marina for arriving boats, and of course the Totem Village that hosts visiting tour boats from downtown Seattle. We'll gather away from the crowds on a sandy beach near the northwest tip of the island; some of us can beach our boats and others can anchor just offshore and be shuttled ashore by smaller boats. Either way, it'll be a great opportunity to get better acquainted with one of the nicest boating destinations in central Puget Sound. Let's plan to launch boats by about 10 a.m., gathering at Blake Island by about 11:30 and staying until approximately 3-4 p.m. Coordinator: Marty Loken. NWCBC Members only, please

June 25th and 26th – San Juans Overnight Adventure
San Juan Islands Exploration. This could be a one- or two-day event, depending on weather conditions and the preferences of members who participate. Lowell plans to launch at Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes, but others could launch elsewhere and rendezvous in Anacortes before heading across to the islands. Sucia Island is the likely destination, if the event becomes an overnighter. Coordinator: Lowell Lorenz NWCBC Members only, please

July 9th – Veteran’s Event at the Foss Waterway Seaport Maritime center on the Tacoma Waterfront.
We’ll have the privilege of hosting soldiers from the Warrior Transition Battalion at Joint Base Lewis McChord for lunch, a private tour of the museum and a cruise / parade along the waterfront. Those of us who are trailering our boats to this event will launch at Point Defiance Marina and meet at the Seaport prior to the arrival of the soldiers. After a tour of the museum and lunch, we’ll embark on a cruise along the waterfront before returning to the museum. Organization of this event is ongoing and more details will be announced as the event approaches. This event is open to all who would like to show their appreciation for the service of these veterans by bringing their boat and participating in the cruise, we want to get as many soldiers on the water as possible. Coordinators: Richard Amberson and Tim McCrain. This event is open to all boaters who can carry one or more passengers.

July 23rd and 24th – South Sound exploration
In past years we've organized the Puget Sound, End to End event that included a quick run through South Sound, but this season we'll focus exclusively on the southern reaches of Puget Sound, giving members more time for a leisurely exploration of these fabulous cruising waters. The event will be organized so that members can enjoy a one-day experience, or extend it into a full weekend by over-nighting at Jarrell's Cove Marine State Park on Hartstene Island. We'll launch Saturday morning at Fair Harbor Marina (Grapeview), but other members can join in the fun by launching elsewhere--Day Island Marina, Boston Harbor (north of Olympia), Allyn or other ramps in the general area. The plan will be to rendezvous at Jarrell's Cove by noon., then cruise south through Pickering Passage along the west side of Hartstene Island, running into scenic Hammersly Inlet to Oakland Bay (Shelton), then exploring nearby Totten Inlet, Little Skookum Inlet and perhaps also Eld Inlet before returning to Jarrell's Cove Marine State Park via Peale Passage and Pickering Passage. Those who choose to overnight aboard their boats, or ashore in campsites at Jarrell's Cove, will share a leisurely picnic lunch on Sunday at McMicken Island Marine State Park (Case Inlet) before heading home Sunday afternoon. Coordinator: Marty Loken. NWCBC Members only, please

August 13th – LaConner Classic Auto and Boat Show
This annual car / boat show promises to be even better this year, with loads of vintage cars and boats in attendance. NWCBC member Clint Stroebel serves as coordinator for the trailer boat portion of the show for the LaConner Chamber of Commerce, who sponsors the show. This year we’re working to have a record turnout and will have a table at the show to promote our club. Coordinators: Clint Stroebel and Tim McCrain. This event open to all

August 27th and 28th - Stehekin Overnight Adventure, Lake Chelan
Lake Chelan Adventure, including a run up to Stehekin and back. This will likely become a three-day event for several members, since it’ll be easier for those coming from a distance to arrive in Chelan Friday evening and be ready for a Saturday morning launch. We’ll run up this spectacular lake to the village of Stehekin at the north end, over-nighting aboard our boats or at local accommodations. This event was thoroughly enjoyed by those who participated last year and was declared by many to be the highlight of the season. For 2011 it is planned earlier in the year when it may be busier, it is recommended that reservations for those over-nighting be made well in advance. Coordinators: Greg Lamb and Tim McCrain. NWCBC Members only, please

September 9th, 10th and 11th – Mayfield Lake Rendezvous
Mayfield Lake Rendezvous, at Mayfield Lake Resort. This event was another of the highlights of the 2010 season, thanks to efforts of Kent and Diane Hodges who arranged everything from a fishing derby to a reserved pavilion for our pot-luck dinner. You can camp at the resort or another location, stay in a comfy room at the resort or just come down for a day. (Note: If you want over-night, Diane recommends that you make reservations soon by calling Sheryl at Mayfield Lake Resort, (360) 985-2357. The resort has motel-type rooms, cabins, RV spaces, a store, restaurant, launch ramp and docks for our boats, but they’re very popular so early reservations are strongly recommended. Coordinators: Kent and Diane Hodges NWCBC Members only, please

Sept 24th - Mason Lake Rendezvous
This is our traditional end-of-the-season event and always one of the best attended. NWCBC Member Thom Adams has once again arranged for us to use the Simpson Timber private park at the south end of the lake, where we will have a reserved shelter for our pot-luck lunch, exclusive use of the launch and dock. This event, always a favorite, is a great way to cap off the “official” season and celebrate another year of Good Boats and Great Friends! Coordinator: Marty Loken. NWCBC Members only, please

November 12th – Annual Planning Meeting
Please plan on joining us for our annual planning meeting, where we welcome the newly elected club officers and hash out the event schedule for 2012, as well as enjoying the hospitality of Mike and Judy Kronick who will once again allow us to descend on their home and consume far too many cookies. NWCBC Members only, please.

Copyright © 2011 Northwest Classic Boat Club
All Rights Reserved

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 1 month ago #28217

• sabot
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm new to this site but uour boat look's like mine 1961 Admiral 18"
made in Tampa Bay looking for anyone who has a similar boat and likes to camp out for weekends or longer live on Pendorliea Lake 50 miles long &8miles wide thanks, Sabot

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 13 years 4 weeks ago #28289

Good to see a few North Idaho people around. Looks to be a good week for getting the boat ready to go.

Nick

Nick

Re:Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 12 years 11 months ago #31188

• John3
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I'm a long way from the Pacific Northwest. Live in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles.
I too would like to see some sort of organization for Cruises & Rendezvous. In the Past year Claire & I have been from San Diego to The Sacramento River Delta & Lake Mohave plus day trips to Long Beach, Marina Del Rev, Ventura & Lake Castaic. We've looked but haven't found a Trailer Boating Club or Group to join up with.
We're planning on joining one of your Puget Sound Cruises in July. Got some info from one of your members on how it might work.
However, if anyone has any ideas re Cruising in the Southern California area please let me know.

Is there a NW meeting of Glassics? 9 months 2 days ago #148213

1973 Bell Boy for free in concord ca 1973 model boat is in concord California

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)