• Page:

TOPIC: mystic seaport thread..main forum

mystic seaport thread..main forum 8 years 11 months ago #108174

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
THIS IS THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE ALL ALONG, APPARANTELY NOT MANY UNDERSTOOD, and accused me of stirring the pot. this man stuck out his chest and took the embarassment.

Original Message
To: vuyosevich @ fiberglassics.com
Cc: Peter Stephens
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 9:04 PM
Subject: Re: mystic seaport thread...

Good Evening -

Regrettably we have apparently been advised that Wooden Boat does not wish to have anything but wood boats on display. There was not one person within the ACBS that I am aware of who realized this until early this week,[/color] and because of that, the invitation sent to ACBS members does not specify the restriction imposed by Wooden Boat Magazine, the sponsors of the event. I believe that entreaties have been made by ACBS Officers (I am only a Director and not involved in communication with WoodenBoat) to seek a compromise to their position, but to no evident avail so far.

Speaking personally and as a classic boater, I am very disappointed that they are steadfast in this position. While it cannot be argued that Wooden Boat are not entitled to hold this view, it is completely inconsistent with the direction of the ACBS. Had we been aware of this in October, 2013 when we accepted the invitation of Wooden Boat to participate as their guests at this event, the outcome of the vote would likely have been different.

While it is too late in the planning process for us to do anything about it now, I can assure you that no ACBS sanctioned shows or events will entertain restrictions of this type. I have copied ACBS Executive Director Peter Stephens and he can add to my reply if he wishes, but this has been a major source of concern to both he and I since the topic came up last week. We intend to see our way through as best we can, and take all necessary steps to ensure that nothing like this happens again.

Regards,

Paul Harrison

Director and Chapter Relations Committee Chair, ACBS International

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:mystic seaport thread..main forum 8 years 11 months ago #108306

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
NOT ME...BOATS R GREAT :
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)