• Page:

TOPIC: McCulloch parts found......

McCulloch parts found...... 12 years 11 months ago #28866

• Ponyboy
  • Ponyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well I couldnt find anywhere to post this so i will do it here.
I was cleaning out my den and I found a NOS block-6 pistons-pwr head and lower unit gasket-seal kits, a nos starter and many other small carb and brg. parts still in the bags for 63-69 McCulloch.sears.wizard.hiawatha 75.2hp outboards, even a set of 3 .030 oversize pistons with rings. does anyone run this engine?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:McCulloch parts found...... 12 years 11 months ago #30234

You know I do :P

Re:McCulloch parts found...... 12 years 11 months ago #30342

• Ponyboy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey, did ya ever find the specks for decking the block?.....and what about some pics of your scotts! I dont think Ive ever seen them

Re: McCulloch parts found...... 12 years 10 months ago #31424

I run these engines. May be interested in some of your parts

Re: McCulloch parts found...... 12 years 9 months ago #33206

• Ponyboy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Not that I want to get rid of any but If you need somthing let me know. I have lots of some and little of others.....lol. Ive seen pics of your boat somewhere before. Love the sound of twin Scotts!

Re: McCulloch parts found...... 12 years 9 months ago #33549

• Ponyboy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I had a thought this weekend........I do love the sound of twins..
Attachments:

Re: McCulloch parts found......2 for 1 sale in MI 12 years 7 months ago #41569

• Ponyboy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I wish I wouldnt look for these motors...Ya I found a 2 for 1 sale In Flushing MI. One is the cleanest Mc I have ever found and the other is missing the foot but its all there other wize.
Both motors are ,64307530,with bailers and both with harness's

Re: McCulloch parts found......2 for 1 sale in MI 12 years 6 months ago #43079

I told ya we were twin sons of different mothers LOL. Guess what I am building. Have a look. Twins on my Hydro. Now here is the real news for ya. I was at a guys house last weekend and he used to race Scotts and McCullochs. He had a bunch of parts in a box and a couple of powerheads he said. Well they followed me home but have a look at the one powerhead, Oh ya side port exhaust. Plus he said you will probily want this gear foot too. I about tipped over when he showed me a MINT McCulloch full gear shift speedmaster. I will be going back for that one it was a bit pricy but worth every penny. Next project motor will be a McCulloch 630 as soon as I finish my Mark 75H.
Cowboy
Attachments:

Re:McCulloch parts found...... 12 years 6 months ago #43282

I have a pair of 59 Elgins 40hp and could use 2 coils. If i remember right they were bilt by McCulloch.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:McCulloch parts found...... 12 years 6 months ago #43304

• Ponyboy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Mike
they made several types,post a pic and I will see what I can find

Re:McCulloch parts found...... 12 years 6 months ago #43338

Can't get at the motor to take a pic of the coils but the are the dubble type with ignition coil and charge coil on them. If that helps.
Mike aka the pirate

Re: McCulloch parts found......2 for 1 sale in MI 12 years 6 months ago #43790

Sounds like you found a treasure chest with those McCulloch motors and speedmaster

Re: McCulloch parts found......2 for 1 sale in MI 12 years 6 months ago #43880

• Ponyboy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Last night I was cruising the you tube and I came across an old route 66 vid named "read the river", it was filmed at the McCulloch center on lake Havasu, it showed some real cool motors I had never seen before, I dont know how to link it here,but if ya like the old scott motors it a must see, I did put it in my favorites on my tube channel. "jmevinrude

Ill try this, you may have to copy-paste it in your brouser

Re: McCulloch parts found......2 for 1 sale in MI 12 years 6 months ago #43887

Jeff,
What a find. What you have found is probily the only video of twin supercharged McCullochs known to exist. In 62 Bob McCulloch had been working on a turbo charged motor from what I have learned but it didn't produce the power he wanted so he made a supercharged engine and it was produced for racing but never was raced as far as i know. I talked with my buddy in Fox Lake IL about the superchared motors as he is building one. They made a lot of power from what he said but could not stand the rpms. The 630s that were produced for racing where the ones that set records and held together. As for the odd look of these motors in the video, the water coming out the back was coming out of the innercooler but you can clearly hear the superchargers in the video. Also the story line is correct too. Bob McCulloch had it in his head that this would revolutionize the marine market. VERY cool stuff.
Cowboy

Re: McCulloch parts found......2 for 1 sale in MI 12 years 6 months ago #43892

I have to make a addition to the and a correction too. I got on the phone this morning with a known historian on McCulloch and he said that what was to revolutionize the marine market was McCullochs rotary engine. Also that McCulloch owned Paxton turbocharger too. So what is probily shown in the video is the Turbocharged 45hp 2cylinder motors. I have sent the video to him to have a look see and tell me what this really is. He said that as far as he knew NO supercharged engines were never produced. I have seen pictures of a supercharged 3 cylinder in the past some place and will post them if I can find them again. I will update this when he gets back to me.
Cowboy

Re:McCulloch parts found...... 12 years 6 months ago #43923

At 9:45 I think the last boat on the right has a pair of pre-630 race motors (this was 1962 and they did not yet have the 630 designation).

I have put a lot of verified McCulloch race info on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/groups/164490603602037/

www.facebook.com/groups/164490603602037/photos/

The radial (not rotary) motor was actually developed by the advanced engineering group in 1958-59 and shown at the 1959 and 60 boat shows. McCulloch Advanced Engineering was not directly affiliated with Scott McCulloch Outboards. They later converted the motor to diesel and tried to sell it as an aircraft engine, but no airframe maker wanted to take a chance on it, so it died.

The motors on Route 66 are just props for TV.

McCullough started Paxton Superchargers, but sold it (I think to Borg Warner) before he bought Scott-Atwater. Robert P McCollough is Robert Paxton McCollough

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)