History needed. Please contact us if you would like to contribute to and edit this page.
Hupp Engineering Associates
216 W. Jefferson St.
Production of the Hupp Flying H model was shifted to a new plant in Sarasota, Florida beginning in 1957 by the company president A.G. Hupp (see news article below).
In 1959, the Huppower division offered the Electro Pilot remote power steering system. This featured a hand-held control with a thumb-button. Address was 7424 Melville, Detroit, Michigan.
In late 1960, Hupp Corp. purchased Flour City Ornamental Iron Co. of Minneapolis, Minnesota, producer of Aluma Craft Boats for an exchange of stock worth about $2,650,000 according to a Nov. 14, 1960 article in the Wall Street Journal. At the time the Flour City Ornamental Iron operated three plants and 375,000 sq ft of manufacturing space in the Minneapolis area, had $10 million in sales, but a net worth of $4.3 million. The company would be operated as a subsidiary of Hupp and boats produced nationally in Hupp plants. The Aluma Craft division was sold in 1962 to Alpex Corp. of Rochester, New York for more than $2,000,000 listing as reasons the accelerated costs and trouble of improving distribution and marketing (August 14, 1962 Wall Street Journal). John O. Ekblom was chairman of Hupp Corp. throughout this period.
Hupp Boat Design Patents