Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: John Gibson...

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51798

lol,thanks jim,my "plan" is to go out to the garage and weld the small angle to the sides of the truck,at least thats the plan,lol,john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51815

John I'm the same way. I was launching my boat when I was told I should be using a walker.

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51822

Holy crap John, do we need to come up there and physically tie you to the recliner until you get better!?!?!?! LOL. I know your chomping at the bit but for god's sake take some time and heal buddy!

Bob

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51831

I had a total knee replacement. First thing I did when I got home was go down the 18 steps into the basement. It's a force of nature. Dr. give me all kinds of hell when he found out I was taking the boat out myself driving and the whole 9 yards. Just be careful John.

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51846

Waterwings wrote:

Holy crap John, do we need to come up there and physically tie you to the recliner until you get better!?!?!?! LOL. I know your chomping at the bit but for god's sake take some time and heal buddy!

Bob

I think he'd chew his paw off to escape :ohmy:

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51852

he he fellas,i spent about 4 hours out in the garage working on the fire truck,without a cane or crutches.
but ok.ok. your right,lol,i spent the rest of the day/night with ice packs on it,lol.
when i got to the garage i remembered that the camera was in the house,and i wasnt going to go back for it,lol.
i did get half of the angle cut and welded in.
now i have to go into town to get another drain valve for my compressor,mine is shot.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re: John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #51869

hi john...got the little trailer yesterday...thanks it's really cool..take it easy with the knee...can't imagine what thats like but will have to have mine done in a couple years...wish the best for ya...john

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #52166

ok,you guys were all right,i spent last night laying with ice packs on a very swollen knee,even more swollen then the day of surgery,it felt ok,so i over did it,i have a doctor appointment tomorrow,hes probably going to be a little mad.
boy im behind on everything,i hate that,i should have listened to you all,john

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #52173

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Hey John, think the doc is going to ream you a new one???
knee that is.
I've been down that road with the scope job, not as extensive as yours, just took out quarter size cart chunks but I did get the swelling. First time the wife cut grass in 40 years.

STAY OFF THE LEG until after Christmas.
Cal
Attachments:

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #52189

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Get well John. We're countin on it.

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #52193

thanks cal,thanks shipster,im not feeling too perky,the darn swelling will not go down,i guess ill find out tomorrow whats up.

---Mark Twain

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #52203

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
john, have you been icing it? when i had a red swollen knee that wouldn't subside, it turned out to be blood clots. it put me in the hospital for 4 days and i received a titanium greenfield filter in my groin to prevent the clots from traveling north if they should break loose.

Re:John Gibson... 12 years 4 months ago #52474

hey ron,thats what i was afraid of,but the doctor told me its fluid from the surgery,he said he could drain it but it wouldnt help,and that it would eventually go away.
he said that they did alot of work on it , its to be expected.

so now im going to try to go out to the garage and work on the firetruck today,while its kind of warm here in pa.john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted