Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!!

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED!almost 12 years 5 months ago #49312

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
woooooooooo hoooooooo,im finaly finished,it only took me 3 months,lol,i finished the base just now,i even added purple opelecence to the clear spar urethane as an experiment,and it worked,i dont know if it will show in the pics though,my wife is pretty happy and so am i,lol,john
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49314

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
That is spectacular!

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49321

The man's got talent.

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49329

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks beautiful John, very nice work.

Mark

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49330

Great idea John, that should look awesome!

Bob

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49338

beautiful john...just beautiful.

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49341

Doh, sorry missed page two and responded to the end of page one! I hate when I do that. John, that is absolutely gorgeous! The base came out excellent and really goes well with the horse, you are a true artist buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49358

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks guys,as long as my wife is happy ,than so am i,lol,lol.
its one of the hardest things i have ever painted.
in the summer im going to do a custom paint job on my neighbors kids 1980 camaro,they are supposed to have it ready for me ,to spray by then im planing on putting in strips with ghost flames,i have permission to paint it anyway i want.
im doing for free because his dad is a great neighbor and the kid is a good kid.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49360

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
That is beautiful John.
Thank you for sharing with all of us.
Truly a million dollar ride. :)
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED!almost 12 years 5 months ago #49369

• Todd
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Morning John,

WOW!!! That horse and display are fantastic!!! Ever thought of doing a side gig painting them? I bet you could make a bundle. Keep up the fabulous work!

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49376

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks neil and todd,my camera sucks,i have better pics of it on my phone but cant get them to load into my computer,lol.
todd,heck ,look back at the begining of this thread it took about 3 months to do,lol,i would go broke,or at least more broke than i already am,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49423

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Absolutely georgeous!!! You and your wife must be very proud. Thanks for sharing with us all. It's a pleasure.
Shipster

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49449

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks shipster that was nice,and i am a little proud,i have never done one before,but have done alot of other art things,john

---Mark Twain

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49458

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Holy Smokes! You did it again. Fantastic work. Love the airbrush highlights on the horsie. The color choice looks like it came right out of a fantasy book. Be proud, ya done good.

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49462

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks cal,now if i can do it to a boat,lol,lol,john

---Mark Twain

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49482

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
better pics,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49486

Gotta say it again John, phenominal work buddy, it's gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49489

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Looks good enough to ride :)

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49498

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks guys,im just glad im done,i can only work on this stuff when im feeling good,not that often anymore,lol.john

---Mark Twain

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49504

John this is a wonderful looking horse as I've ever seen. I just need to know one thing. Where do you put your quarter? I don't see a slot. :woohoo:

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49519

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks robert,and lol,i will put a slot under its tail just for you,lol,lol,jk,thanks buddy,john

---Mark Twain

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49594

john, looks like somethin that would be for sale in a high-end store. ron

Re:painting a carousel horse,FINISHED! done!!!!!!!!! 12 years 5 months ago #49606

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thasnks ron,thats a great compliment,i think im going to start restoring antique stuff,i need to get a few bucks in the coffers,lol.
right now im looking at and thinking of restoring a 1940's to early 50's baby stroller,i know that sounds funny but it has "tee nee" type fenders on it,lol,its very cool.
it also converts from a stroller to a walker,very cool design,it would be great for someone that has a tee nee trailer and have a stroller to match.
what i have coming in is less then what is going out,i gotta do something,and this is about all im good at,lol,john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted