Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Points to Petronix Ignitor system converstion

Re:Points to Petronix Ignitor system converstion 11 years 10 months ago #63628

The dewll tool wont do you any good now. Just put the ignitor as close to the rotor as possible withoug it contacting. The dwell will now be a dependant on how for the magnet ring is from the Hall Effect module. Your only consideration will be getting No 1 to fire at the correct crank angle. I used my Fluke digital meter to attach to the module - with the meter on continuity 'alarm' mode. I slowly rotated the magnet ring in front of the module. When the alarm went off, I put a dot of white paint on the ring with a toothpick. I then hooked up the disto to the engine timng belt and set it per stock. I dropped my dial indicator into the sparkplug hole of number 1, and found the true TDC. Factory timing marks were off 6 degrees. I then drove the magnet ring on to the disto shaft - with the white dot directly in front of the module. I then checked my work a couple times to be sure the timing was correct. That is all there is to it. No fuss with dwell and point timing anymore. You are close - keep going. And yes - bypass or shunt the ballast resistor. Remember, you only have one coil now - so only one ballast resistor needs to be shunted, as the other is not doing anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)