Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18286

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ive been thinking about Torquise and white on mine with a different strip pattern .. I want to keep that side wood inlays on mine tho ..Otherwise Maybe Red or Red and white ...Ive got a 56 Chevy step side Im restoring ..Havnt decided on the Color for that either .. Maybe ill have to match them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18287

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I had to fire my wife ..Doing stuff wifes arent suppose to do ..She took my Dog and Left ... Sure do miss that Dog ...L.O.L...So ive got a spot where she use to park her car ...

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18288

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
NICE LOL (Wife Firing) I have a 68 Mustang... not good for towing... Oh my 69 ford truck maybe... its red and white... anyway I havent decided color either.. Lets stay in touch with our projects.. any help I can be .. Just ask.. Im no expert .... just love the boats

Dallas 928 486 6951
Attachments:

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18289

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Thats one I brought back from the grave ..79 Camaro with a 357 stroker ..Allit needed was everything ...L.O.L....

Thats the 56 Step Side shorty ..I still have a few minutes more work to put into her ...L.O.L.. Its been Media Blasted , Lowered 5 inchs and has Camaro front brakes and 12 bolt Camaro Posi rear ..Ive got a 355 SBC for her ..Can you see that finished Towing the Delmar ??
Youve got a Good looking Lady there .. Hope you never have to end up with a Empty Parking spot and your Dog Missing ..Wouldnt wish that on no one .. Im 50 going on 25 ..No expert on boats but Im learning ..It would be cool to stay in touch ...One thing I would like to find for mine is I see some with a Wrap around Bow railing ..Dont know if they were stock or put ons ...I see yours dont either ..
Well take care and stay in touch ...Larry B
Attachments:

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18290

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Im only 5 years behind you at 45 im going on 25 also lol

heres the stang.. Take care Dallas
Attachments:

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18305

It's nice to see such enthusiasm. Great boats and rides! Women are seldom happy after the first one.

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18308

im only allowed one boat at a time,but i somehow ended up with 2,going to sell the 63 glaspar lido though.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18309

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Between Cars and Boats... Im Maxed out.. But still find myself looking over walls and fences for more treasures.... Ive got a problem...LOL

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18323

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi My Names Larry Im a Old Boat and Car Aholic ...Its Like a addiction .. I was caged up for awhile by a Crazy woman ..Now Im free and like a kid in a Candy store ..Woman dont mind spending $1000s on New dresses , shoes ,Make up ...ETC ..You ask them Why and they say ....I want to look good for you ..Hell go buy me a 12 pack for under $20 and youll look a whole lot better and we can save alot of money ...L.O.L...But God forbid you spend a $100 on your boat or car and your the one making the cash ...That Old Camaro of mine I bought in 93 .I got busy being a single fauther and the car sat till 2005 ..I got remarried in 99 .I put under $4000 into that car and Ive been offered $12,000 for it ..Boy that $4000 was a waste of money ....L.O.L..After all my hard work instead of her being proud of me for bringing a piece of junk back to life All she said was ... It sits to low ...Thanks for your Support Honey ...Couple of years later I found out by her Cell Phone she was getting up on my Fishing Hunting Buddy ..I guess those dresses and Make Up wernt all for me ..Sure glad I paid for them ...L.O.L...Cars Boats and Dogs atleast never Lie to you ..Ive gotta stop buying now thow ..But then I see PC1000 Power Cat 18DC and God help me I want to find one ....L.O.L...Please take this ranting with a Grain of Salt and Excuse this Fellow Mad Man ...

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18342

My wife said I have a problem. She calls it a "compulsive Disorder". I said I have two problems then, one compulsive disorder and two is that I don't care. Now over 100 in my collection.

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18353

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Dallas, you have a Del Mar now? That is a nice looking boat as is. Mine I believe is a 58, the motor is a 58 as well. I believe the 58's and 59's were the same but there might be details im missing that links each one to a specific year.
Whats this? You got your g3 on the water already? You lucky guy!!! Congratulations!!! Next time out take pics. Glad to see you here, Mike
Attachments:

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18354

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Bigfoot .. Good Chart there but now you got me wondering ...My Delmar is suppose to be a 56 ..On your chart it looks like a 56 has a 15 inch transom ..And if my bad eyes read it right 57 had a 15 or a 20 ..So mine having a 20 inch transom would have to be a 57 ??? Am I reading that right ?? Is there a ID tag on these ??

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18410

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
bobo (Larry), anything could have been done to that old boat in the past 55 years. For example my "58" del mar has a 15" transom and should be a 20...Im a bit confused too since the motor is a '58 and could be original.
As for id plates I am not sure about that one. Perhaps the 50's was before the time Id plates were used, Mike

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 6 months ago #18416

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Ive got a really good 50 HP Mercury short shaft . I saw where a guy cut a Delmar Transom down but instead of just going straight across he kinda angled and sculptered it ..Ill have to find a pic of it .. Looked cool ..Speaking of pics the 2 you have there are those your Boats ?? The red one does that have like 70s Disco Fur in the Cuddy ?? I think I saw that boat in a Canada something .. It reminded me of a 60 something snub nose Chevy van I had in the 70s ..Learned about Love in that Old Van ...L.O.L...

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 5 months ago #18780

I picked up a 56 del mar for my winter project. Never done a boat before so it should be interesting. I've always liked this style of boat and I wanted a cuddy but something small and with style. I'll get some pictures this weekend and try and get them posted. She needs alot of work. BTW I'm in Idaho and travled to the mioddle of Wyo to pick her up. Reading someone else drove fruther than me to pick up a boat showed the old lady I'm not that crazy.

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 5 months ago #18782

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Spoungedug ...I met Neil on this forum . He started this post your reading now ..He bought the Delmar at the beginning of the post.He found out I was looking for a Delmar and was going to go to Wyoming From Idaho ..He was nice enought to bring it to Wyoming and I drove there from Wisconsin to meet him ..We met near Devils Tower ... If you do a search for Delmar Delivery you can read about it ..So WOW .. Now we have a Delmar that was in Idaho Brought to Wyoming to be sold to a Guy from Wisconsin and a Guy from Idaho that went to Wyoming to bring one back ..If your Wife thought we were Crazy ....She might have been correct ...L.O.L...I traveled just shy of 2000 miles round trip ..I think Neil went better than 1600 ...Delmars are not to plentifull in Wisconsin ..Ive only seen one other one in the state ..Probaully are more ..Anyways Welcome ..Youll find a bunch of Good Helpfull people on this forum ..And Ill bet most want to see your boat ..So Pics Please ..And if I can help ya dont be afraid to ask .. Just Curious ... Anybody Know how many Delmars were made in 56 or 57 ?? Is there away to find out ??

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 13 years 5 months ago #18796

Neil are you from Idaho and if so where do you live? I'm in Idaho Falls.

Re:56 or 57 Glasspar Del Mar 1 month 7 hours ago #148707

Looking for the original pant colors for 1955-1956 Del Mar. if you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)