Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1978 Chrysler Conqueror.

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 11 months ago #6017

Great looking boat!

I have a 1974 Conqueor 105 and a 1973 Conqueror S-III with a 340 in it. I love the Chrysler boats. I am currently restoring the S-III, and once I get it done, I would love to locate a Conqueror Shallow V to restore. Like you, no matter where I take the Conqueror 105, I get comments on it all the time. Mine is still all original, but I hope to restore it to freshen it up a bit.

Here is a link to a site that has a bunch of Chrysler boat information on it : www.chryslercrew.com/

They also have a yahoo group that is a great resource to parts and information : groups.yahoo.com/group/thechryslercrew/

Here is a link to my Conqueror 105 : picasaweb.google.com/jlsperko/ChryslerConquerer#

And here is my project S-III :
picasaweb.google.com/jlsperko/ConquerorSIII#

S-III motor : picasaweb.google.com/jlsperko/340#

Once again, the boat looks great, and hopefully when mine is restored, it will be as clean as yours! Drop by the group for lots of info. It was a life saver for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 11 months ago #6027

The restoration looks great and I can tell you are doing a very clean job. I saw one on ebay a few weeks ago and gave it major consideration but don't forsee having the time to dedicate to a proper resto. I've bookmarked your links so I can keep checking in on the updates! I love it when people have the photographs of all the steps - cars and boats alike!!!!

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 10 months ago #7494

• BVD
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Very nice work. I have a 74 105 and a 77 S-III that I am very proud of. I'll try to post some pics here but may need some help on how to post pics.

Its very nice to see what you guys are up to. I know quite a bit about Chrysler Marine.

Bill

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 10 months ago #7501

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Just holler if you have a problem with the pics, Bill, we'll be glad to help. It can be a little tricky until you get the hang of it. There are some good threads in the support forum we can post for you.

Mark

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 10 months ago #7521

• BVD
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Right on, here we go with one

Re: My 1977 Chrysler Conqueror S-III 13 years 10 months ago #7524

• BVD
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
And again.

BVD
Attachments:

Re:1977 Chrysler Conqueror S-III 13 years 10 months ago #7526

• BVD
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Last one for now.

Thanks, BVD
Attachments:

Re:1974 Chrysler Conqueror 105 13 years 10 months ago #7532

• BVD
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
This is my 1974 Chrysler 105. I've had great fun with this boat but she got just a little too small. As you can tell she was repainted and re-upholstered, but is matching boat, motor and trailer. Also has every option for that year.

Love this boat.

BVD
Attachments:

Re:1974 Chrysler Conqueror 105 13 years 10 months ago #7533

• BVD
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Last one, I promise.

Thanks guys,
BVD
Attachments:

Re:1974 Chrysler Conqueror 105 13 years 10 months ago #7611

BVD - Great photo. Dad of two daughters, now 22 and 19. Enjoy.

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 10 months ago #8089

The boat is running awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Took the boat up north for some skiing and cruising. Mostly skiing. Everything was great except the power trim. The second motor, the 115 had power trim. Someone had been in there before and had the wiring coming in from the cord too long. It was brushing up against the armature windings and melted the windings in a few spots. Luckily I kept the one from the spare force motor I parted out. Swapped it out and it worked fine, for awhile. Opened it up that night and found the bearing holder clip had fallen out (I put it in upside down) So I stole the cap from the spare and now I have full confidence! So I think I'm ready for a full speed run this week. I also did acquire our families original ski boat. An 18' Baja Sunsport with a 175 Yamaha on it. It's awesome!! Now I have to get some storage lined up for these two boats. Can't imagine parting with the Conqueror!!!

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 10 months ago #8211

• BVD
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Well done, undoing the trim and putting it back together is mastery in itself. Nice work. Best I had my 105 running with my young son was 38.5 mph at 5000 rpm. I'm thinking your going more easily.

Hey, did you have to replace any red upholstery and/or do you know where to find some? As you can see the back sun pads are fading on my S-III and I'd love to find some of the red.

Thanks, BVD

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 10 months ago #8254

I got very lucky with the upholstery. It was in perfect shape. The boat had been garaged it's entire life. Finding the upholstery will be fun but I think I remember reading on someone else's site about what they did to redo their's. I'll check some of my bookmarks and see if it's in there somewhere. Seems if you talk to a local canvas/seat guy car or boat they can get you a name that will trickle down to the right person!

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 10 months ago #8255

Baja and Conqueror pics. Which one would you choose to keep?!?!?!?!?
Attachments:

Re:1977 Chrysler Conqueror S-III 13 years 10 months ago #8261

Love that boat, will have to find one at a show or on the water and ask for a spin. Very curious how it goes through the waves, being a heavier boat and also how it sounds with the v-8!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 10 months ago #8334

I finally got the boat out on the Fox River for a full on speed run. The power trim worked great - the whole time!!!!!! Forgot to put the racing cover on though. But, switched to the 21 pitch prop. I was able to get 47mph out of it. Pretty pleased with that though - was hoping/guessing for 50. I'll take it. After driving my Baja this weekend and cruising comfortably at 64mph I think I'll see if there are any 23 pitch props out there and try to hit 50 - just for fun!!!! Still have to get that gas gauge hooked up.................

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 10 months ago #9264

You metioned you were looking for a Conqueror Shallow-Vee. I am currently restoring one for myself. Picture attached. Expect to launch this fall.

Jeff Evans,
Brights Grove, Ontario

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 4 months ago #20080

Hey thats a fantastic looking boat I am fixing one up right now. although not using the chrysler motor (Bad experience with a 45 chrysler) look like a nice boat any tips on these boat like where I can get a windshield, and some other decals.

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 4 months ago #20263

Hi there, glad to see you are fixing one up! I'd love to hear about the bad experience though. I have been pleased with the 105 and 115 I have. I still have the 105 and will be selling it at some point. Very easy to work on and look great with the boat. I'll get back to you on some parts stuff after the holiday and send you the links I have compiled over my searches. Keep at it. Spring will be here in no time!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 4 months ago #20264

As a quick note, I've seen a few boats on craigslist for cheap although you'd have a bit of a drive. Use searchtempest.com for a start and if you find something around green bay, wi I'd be more than happy to grab it and send you parts or something.

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 4 months ago #20393

Hey thanks, Greenbay is a bit of a drive haha, I am almost finished closing in the splash well the glass is rock hard now, using some fiber glass bondo?? i think that's the name and then spot putty. Have my paint ordered and my dad is impatiently waiting to spray haha. keep you posted with pics

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 3 months ago #21975

Both engine covers look great, but I prefer this one. Congratulations on an excellent restoration of a classic boat. I am sure you get many compliments !

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 3 months ago #21976

How is the boat coming along. Have you considered putting a chrysler motor on it? I have full confidence in a 105 or 115. They are so simple to work on.

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 2 months ago #24271

Hi,

Great looking boats, I'm new here, I have a 73 Conqueror with a 130 Chrysler that I have started to take apart. The boat is in pretty bad shape and the motor looks ok. I seperated the top and bottom of the boat and have also taken the motor apart. Lot of rotted wood in the floor and transom. Found a couple of new gauges on ebay but still need a couple of others. Any hints or tips on the Chrysler boat would be most welome.

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 2 months ago #25226

Do you have any problems you are getting stumped on with the chrysler stuff?????

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 13 years 1 month ago #26762

Any body got any ideas for replacing the blue plexiglass windsheild on my 73 SV? and about rechroming the engine cowl stuff? what is everybody using to paint the motor with? has anybody tried using an after market ignition system like an MSD for cars on an OB motor? I have some spare part from a 120 motor I picked up if anybody needs something.
Attachments:

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 12 years 11 months ago #31385

I put an MSD on my Chrysler 105 and it ran like a top tons of power and clean plugs.

Chris
74 Galaxie Boat Works TriHull with Chrysler 105 Outboard
1974 Chrysler Conqueror SIII 340 SuperBee Jet (getting a 360 since 340 is long gone by previous owner)

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 12 years 11 months ago #31418

boat looks Great :)

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 12 years 11 months ago #31492

Chrysler Fan,

How did you wire the MSD and what did you use for a distributor and box, can you tell me about it and post pictures

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 12 years 11 months ago #31559

I have been looking for an S-III forever. I love the styling. The back is hunched up just like the back of my 'Cuda. I looked at one about 5 years ago with a 340 six-pack in it. The guy wanted way too much for it but man was it nice. It matched my car perfectly black and red same motor everything, supposedly was a Chrysler exec boat. Beautiful boats guys!

Nick

1961 Uniflite 19' Express, Bearcat 55 powered
1975 Chris Craft 25' Tournament Fisherman, Twin 181 FL inboard

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 12 years 11 months ago #32128

New note here. I am considering putting the Conqueror up for sale now that I have two speedboats, kids picked the Baja because it's faster and we've had it in the family for 15 years now with me as the new owner. If there is any interest please reply. It now has all the goodies and is in great shape. It was perfect all summer last year with the only need being a fuel filter. I also am finishing up my '67 Buick Skylark restoration and am running out of room. (Also my girlfriends 1950 GMC truck) jeep, etc. etc........ I have seen lesser quality ones go for 3900 on ebay. thanks.

Re:1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 12 years 5 months ago #50198

Updates: I haven't been logged on in some time, here is the motor as of a couple of days ago, boat is still in the works at a shop getting painted, has new floor and transom.
Attachments:

1978 Chrysler Conqueror. 2 years 9 months ago #144899

Conqueror115, or anyone else who is willing to help honestly, do you have any advice that you can share from your experience with the steering repair? Our 1973 conquerer's cable hasn't been used in 15 years and has no desire to do so now either. It's an old 13' Marmac that connects to the rack via a different method than what is sold today it seems. More details & photos are in my other recent post in this category. I'd like to reuse the rack & helm if possible, and if I cannot, I need something that will fit this dash & wheel. This boat is 100% original, spent half of its life in a barn, and finally saw light again recently.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8184 guests and 2 members online