Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 50 hp Evinrude "Fat Fifty"

1959 50 hp Evinrude "Fat Fifty" 9 years 8 months ago #98762

I have a fat fifty in need of repair and was wondering if these things are desirable. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1959 50 hp Evinrude "Fat Fifty" 9 years 8 months ago #98767

If you own your own gas well, yep......... Or are just hard headed enough to want to run the motor that came on your boat originally:

I am unfortunately in the latter group. I've got 3 cowls and 2 complete motors, so I hope to be able to get a runner put together at some point..........

Re: 1959 50 hp Evinrude "Fat Fifty" 9 years 8 months ago #98799

My son is rehabbing a runabout the motor came on it and it is way too big for him. I am trying to trade it for something smaller but will still scoot it around. I heard these things will last forever but like you said are gas hogs. I was wondering how much to ask for it. It still turns but needs alot of work.

Re: 1959 50 hp Evinrude "Fat Fifty" 9 years 8 months ago #98803

Look for a 1958 35hp Johnson OB, it looks the 'same' as my 1958 FatFifty:

w/ out seeing & touching the motor, I'd be hard pressed to accurately give you an asking price. I overpaid, IMO, for my parts motor, $100. But of the 3 cowls, it's the nicest.

From 'not locked up' to running and looking great is a long journey..... Are you selling it w/ all the controls and associated wiring?

If you use the advanced search feature from the main forum homepage, you'll find a few FatFifty threads that may be of interest. The one I read, in the JEGO forum, had a best guess of asking @$100 for a FatFifty.

EDIT: I just noticed that this isn't posted in the JEGO forum. I'd ask a MOD to move it for you. Asking questions about a FatFifty in the 'Other outboard brands' forum won't net nearly as much help.

Re: 1959 50 hp Evinrude "Fat Fifty" 9 years 8 months ago #98816

Thanks for the move. I do have all the wire harness and controls. I am in the process of rewiring the harness now. The wire was quite brittle. I would like to see this thing run again or find someone who can.
There is some interest on CL for trade etc which is fine with me but they are so cool looking and nothing now a days is made the way it used to when style was present.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7019 guests and one member online