Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Poof..it's winter...

Re:Poof..it's winter... 13 years 4 months ago #21664

sure wish you could of shown that on the "g3 vid" before it was locked. without that mark on a pic its open game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Poof..it's winter... 13 years 4 months ago #21667

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
well if I could of I would of...but with Genny being sick and the snow...

we are at 40.8 for the month of December.. the most ever received in the month of December is 46.2 back in 2008.

the weather man has said we will shatter that and rewrite it in 2010.

Re:Poof..it's winter... 13 years 4 months ago #21670

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Andgott wrote:

Houston-

I like the 'furnace' idea....

-Andrew

well Andrew, I like the idea my self, but like I said I would change the material used ever...so slightly but stay with the basic concept.

the cans I would use would be the 10.5 oz soup can, where either you can try collecting them from your own consumption and how you buy your can goods or you can post a need on cregs list for a specific (empty) can, which I found the 10.5 Wegmans soup can are just about exactly like a soda can.

what I would do differently and why:

soda cans are a bit of a PITA to "pop the top" of of with a can opener and they do not sit steady and square when stacked, so I would replace the soda can with the soup can which is more ridged bit more thicker wall, which will be need for my next step.

in his video he shows drilling 3 holes I would drill 5, like in a pattern that is seen on a deck of cards, which I haven't played with the drill or my drill bits yet to see just how big I could make them but...

i would run up to ACE hardware up the street and get a length of threaded rod and two big flat washers, the threaded rod would be for stacking the cans on to for when I get 10 or 15 high I could set this with a disk on both ends with the flat washers and I could snug the cans straight.

I would use durafix WEBSITE which is stronger than the can it self after you join them, after they are completely mated I would remove the rod which now I would have five air passage ways instead of three. In his video he uses High Heat Mortar Cement which after it is used is toxic when heated and going the "extra-step" my cans would be straight and air tight.

video example Durafix Welding videos , watch the first one and see what happens to the soda can and the weld...

I am thinking if it is a 15 can per row setup that every third can or (3) in the row should have steel wool inside it to slow the flow between the cans for they can collect more heat as the air is flowing

the top header would have another header above that for a (meri-therm) thermally actuated automatic Vent damper (model# t300) could be in place before the thermostatically activated disk dampener this area would collect all the air from all the rows that then would lead to the disk. I tested the damper using a single candle and just off that little bit of heat it opened up the restriction of the flaps, they are used on the exhaust stack of hot water heaters.

in his video, he has one battery I would use two, for when one draw is in use the other is being charged, an auto a/b switch could be in place and set for a certain trip point to switch battery's for if the battery in use drops to -X- charge, that the other battery would take the load and the battery that was in use could regain it's charge via the solar collection panel, you can not charge a battery that is in uses under these conditions, what he may not be noticing is his fans are running directly off his solar panel instead of the battery when the system is on.

I would use internal duck fans verses a computer fan, my one reason for this would be the noise level, using an internal duck fan would put the fan in the box and by design is pretty sound prof.

let me know if your going to do it and post some pic of what you would do differently, these are just ruff design changes I would make that just kind of came to me off the top of my head.

Re:Poof..it's winter... 13 years 4 months ago #21688

BRILLIANT!

Re:Poof..it's winter... 13 years 4 months ago #21708

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
you think that is all WOW and then some check out project #2

to make two bikes one for me and one for Genny, i would need -X- feet of 1x1x 14 gauge alum tubing and a pack of durafix...put -just that- on my Santa List for Santa and all the little elfs would know

An elf stop by today and gave me Santa's present:

A-LITTLE-METAL-BUCKET..(I guess now I have something to KICK!)

so I am back to square one in getting my base supply's for project #2
Attachments:

Re:Poof..it's winter... 13 years 3 months ago #21941

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Depending on who your listing to...we are real close to braking our all time record. which brought on that this proves that Global Warming is a myth. which I responded to that on our local forums with this.
Now there is a can of worms, on one hand one could say this early entrance in to winter which officially does not start till December 21st, would be a sign that global warming is a myth, On the other one could say it just proves global warming is real because what global warming really is, is a wider variable in the typical weather pattern. Now the only thing that hasn’t been explained is how Ice melting would cause the ocean level to rise, put an ice cube in a glass of water the level does not rise in the glass. Seeing the world is in a sealed environment and that all the water that is on the planet is the same water that was here when the world started how could there be…more? What is proven is the land that we do have is always shifting and moving and….sinking and rising, so I would have to ask how are they are measuring the sea levels because if the sea levels can’t rise….the visible land mass must be sinking unless some super tanker space ship been delivering water we are not aware of.

I know I know...not funny.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6811 guests and no members online