Additional History needed. Please contact us if you would like to edit this page.
Sea Fury, Inc.
5595 N.W. 9th Ave.
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Also found listed as U.S. Plastics of Florida, Inc. which was incorporated on August 10, 1956. The trademark for SeaFury Boats was filed by U.S. Plastics on October 24, 1956. The application listed the first use as August 20, 1956; first use in commerce as August 27, 1956. Address at this time was 5589-5599 N.W. 9th Ave. in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. No assignment information. This mark was recorded as cancelled in July 1963.
It seems this brand of boats has been made by a variety of manufacturers over the years.
One boat has been found with a tag listing the manufacturer as SeaFury of Missouri, Inc. Sea Fury was bought by Richland Mfg. Co., maker of Rich Line Boats in at the end of 1958 in order to add a fiberglass line of boats to their aluminum manufacturing.
A 1966 Mercury Boat House Bulletin shows a Sea Fury manufacturer to be Palmer Mfg. Co. of Melbourne, Florida.
Boating World Article Thanks to George Schneider
1966 Sea Fury 1671 MerCruiser 60 test