History Needed. Please contact us to edit or contribute to this page.
Plaza Craft Quality Aluminum Boats
Plaza Craft Boat Mfg. Co.
According to two November 1956 articles from the Boating Industry magazine, Plaza Craft began in 1956 at Dixon, Missouri. Production included runabouts and houseboats hulls (cabins were supplied by Schenkel Bros of Brookville, Indiana)]. Al Harding was president of the newly formed company, Orval Heywood secretary. Orval was to be in charge of design and production while Al took sales. Their 80' x 225' factory was formerly occupied by the Brown Shoe Co.
A 1957 brochure has been found with a stamp indicating Michigan Marine Co. of N. Hosmer & Vine Sts., Lansing, MI to have been a distributor. Images of this brochure will be added when made available.