History needed. Please contact us if you would like to edit this page.
National Marine Plastics Co.
217 N. Detroit
In 1958, Claud Miller of National Marine Plastics visited Greenville, Mississippi to start a local fiberglass boat company to produce the line of Commando Boats. He raised $27,000 in local funds from 21 investors, offering them 49% of the capitol stock. Temporary president of the new corporation was to be R.K. Haxton, management by Jack Miller (Claud's son) and Gene Lansford (Jack's brother-in-law) who would hold 51% of the company stock (March 16, 1958 Greenville Delta Democraft).
History by Andreas Jordahl Rhude
In March 1958 the son of company owner Claud Miller opened a branch plant at Greenville, Mississippi. They shipped their first boats in April 1958. By August that year they were looking for additional working capital from local investors. A month later lawsuits start flying every which way and that was the end of the Mississippi branch.
1961 & 1962 Information from Sweden:
Another in use, unknown year: