Scott

From Classic Boat Library

Jump to: navigation, search

File:Scottlogo.jpg


History needed. Please contact us if you would like to edit this page.


McCulloch Motors Corp. of Los Angeles, California bought Scott-Atwater in 1956, eventually renaming the line of outboard motors as "Scott" and then later "McCulloch." H. B. Atwater was president of McCulloch's Marine Products division in 1959 (May 14, 1959 Wall Street Journal). From 1961 to 1963, McCulloch contracted with Red Fish to produce a line of Scott Boats. McCulloch sold these boats as a complete package with boat, trailer, and outboard motor. McCulloch reportedly purchased the 60,000 sq. ft. Grabill, Indiana former Crosby facility in 1962, planning to begin production in May 1962. This was to be the fourth location where Scott Boats were to be manufactured (March 30, 1962 Los Angeles Times).


Additional History

A Biography of Robert P. McCulloch


General Info:


1962 Catalog/Brochure:


1962 Flying Scott Tri-fold Thanks to Andreas Jordahl Rhude


1963 Catalog/Brochure:


1963 Dealer Letters, etc.:


Scott Boats in Use


Back to Main Page

Personal tools