From Classic Boat Library
The Lauson Company
Division of Hart-Carter Company
New Holstein, Wisconsin
Lauson Outboards were produced form 1940 up through 1956 when the company was purchased by Tecumseh which then ceased production of the motors. Lauson was known for being one of the few commercially-produced 4-cycle outboard motors in the post-WWII era, very economical with fuel, and able to idle well at low speeds.