Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Who built this 19 footer? Any suggestions. Oregon

Who built this 19 footer? Any suggestions. Oregon 13 years 10 months ago #8146

I recently purchased this plywood 20' boat in Portland Oregon. No manufacturer id or serial number. Folks out here can't identify it either. Marty Loken noted that the curved dash is not typical of Northwest boats. Any suggestions are most welcome if you see any details that look familiar.

I would be happy to send more pictures to others. It took a while to figure out posting pictures. It has to be resized directly not by the save in high, medium or low format. Replies with suggestions were greatly appreciated.

The bow framing shot has a diagonal board that is simply free floating (never attached to anything) - I forgot to remove it before taking the picture.

Bruce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Who built this 19 footer? Any suggestions. Oregon 13 years 10 months ago #8152

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome Bruce. At the bottom of the post window is the image file option, guess that part is self explanatory. To put more than one pic in a post, you submit it including the first pic, then go back and edit to add another. You can do this as many times as you'd like, just takes a minute after you get used to it. If you have trouble with the size, I'll post a link to a post in the support forum where some other great folks helped figure it out.

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/support/pic-sizing

Looking forward to seeing your new "woodie".

Mark

Re:Who built this 19 footer? Any suggestions. Oregon 13 years 10 months ago #8177

Picture posting is still a mystery. I choose a file, the name of the file appears, I insert the img symbol, preview shows the image symbol in the text but no picture, I submit it, and no picture appears. I resized the picture with adode photoshop to their small size so size should not be an issue. The image file name is blue boat.jpg.
Is the .jpg the problem?

Re:Who built this 19 footer? Any suggestions. Oregon 13 years 10 months ago #8183

try taking the space from in between the pic name...make it all one word like blueboat.jpg

worth a shot

Re:Who built this 19 footer? Any suggestions. Oregon 13 years 10 months ago #8864

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Cool boat Bruce. I wonder if it is a Kit Boat like a Glen-L kit boat or maybe some other kit manufacturer of the time.

Jim

Re:Who built this 19 footer? Any suggestions. Oregon 13 years 9 months ago #11001

I don't know the brand, but the shot of the dash, windshield, and side windows shows a lot of carefully done and somewhat fancy woodworking. I hope the boat gets restored ! I mentioned in another post that a friend back around 1960 had an 18 foot plywood boat made by Tropicraft, of Miami, Florida. The construction of the hull was similar to your boat, and the strength of that hull always amazed me. My friend was hard on the boat, but it stood up to many years of use.

Re:Who built this 19 footer? Any suggestions. Oregon 13 years 8 months ago #11671

Looks like a Bryant Marine (Marysville, Wn.) from the 50's. Mike

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6949 guests and no members online