Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Luger 1963? please check out need help w ID.

Luger 1963? please check out need help w ID. 12 years 2 months ago #55959

So I'm brand new to this forum and about to get my first boat. I'm young with a family and not too much money but a free launch and dock in the chicago river. This boat is being offered to me as a favor from a family friend for the low price of 300 dollars with everything including a vintage mercury 35 hp, tank, trailer, pads and basically everything one would need ready to go besides a battery. Its 12-14 foot luger I think its all plywood with a very little pleixglass mesh (sorry don't know the term) under the paint job. This thing is so mint and looks like it really spent most of its time in the garage and the motor was stored in heated basement clean and dry with empty original lines and tank.

What model and year is this?

Is it worth the money? I've heard the motor alone could go for more if things go bad and I want to try and get some mopey back.

How much should I look to have to put into it? No dock fees and I have people who can help me get the motor running free of charge.

I feel like putting it in for the first season with the original paint which looks good before putting any money into it. Is that a bad idea?

Thanks so much for your help. please excuse my ignorance when it comes to boats. my best friend is real handy with boats and has a dock on the river so I won't be going at it all alone. I'm kinda worried taking such a mint boat that an old man took such good care of and the possibility of letting it deteriorate due to lack of funds or time would be a bummer.

thanks again for any info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6448 guests and one member online