Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1957 Crosby Capri

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #49390

I have some spare pads and the chrome bezels I pulled from another boat ..I will see if they are the same size

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #49421

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Beseguin. Shoot me off an email if you would.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Thanks. Shipster

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #49893

I am willing to make a mold of the Crosby steps pads for you, lets make certain what I have is stock/correct first.....

this is what I have, a set of 4 on my Capri
Attachments:

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #49894

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Brian, Todd (the tudor) has 2 step pad frames listed in the Glassifieds if you're still in need.

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #49971

• bseguin
  • bseguin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Awesome Madprops! Yours look just like the frames I have. Are they 8 3/4" long by 3" like mine? I got 4 frames from Brian L who generously gave them to me. Two needed chroming and 2 just needed some cleaning up. I was going to get all 4 re-chromed so they all matched until I got an estimate for $300. Fortuitously, Shipley let me know that Todd (thetudor) was selling 2 of the same size frames on Glassifieds. They're in good shape and don't need to be rechromed. I'm buying those, which combined with the 2 good ones from Brian solves my rechroming problem. I'm stoked. Thanks for the tip Shipley.

Madprops, I do have two black pads from the frames Brian sent me. I can send you one if you want to use it to make the mould instead of using yours (if there is a risk of it being damaged).

Brian

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #50312

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I've done a little research into the rubbers- There are a LOT of them out there. I've found one that I think will be IDEAL, and he company sent me samples of the 'cured' product. It might be a tad softer than the originals, but it is tough stuff. It is also UV stabilized.

It is a crystal clear product, and as such can be tinted to whatever color you want, including white...

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #50334

• bseguin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
It appears that both Madprops and Andrew are generously offering to make the white pads. Is either one of you just chomping at the bit to do it? I can send a pad to either one of you to make the mould. Madprops, you may already have the same size that I do.

Does anyone else need some white pads that are 3" x 8.75" for the shape Madprops shows above? Brian L? Shipster?

How many do you need to make to make it worth your time? I really only need 4, but would take 8 to have a back up set. How much do you estimate we're talking here?

Thanks guys!

Brian

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #50335

• bseguin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Ok, I just re-read through the posts. Madprops, I think you are saying you are offering to make the mould (and I believe we have the same size pad). Andrew, you are offering to make the white pads with your brilliant chemistry knowledge, correct? Does that include making the mould as well? Sorry I'm being a pain the ass.

Brian

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #50336

• bseguin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
It appears that both Madprops and Andrew are generously offering to make the white pads. Is either one of you just chomping at the bit to do it? I can send a pad to either one of you to make the mould. Madprops, you may already have the same size that I do.

Does anyone else need some white pads that are 3" x 8.75" for the shape Madprops shows above? Brian L? Shipster?

How many do you need to make to make it worth your time? I really only need 4, but would take 8 to have a back up set. How much do you estimate we're talking here?

Thanks guys!

Brian

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #50337

• bseguin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Thanks guys!

Brian

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #50346

I already have a package of silicone molding material around here somewhere and I will make you a mold then you can make as many as you want OK

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #50349

• bseguin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Cool! Can you send the mould to Andrew so he can make the white pads? Let me know what shipping charges are off-line.

Andrew, is this Ok with you?

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. I've been trying to solve this step pad issue for awhile.

Brian

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #50423

Madprops,

I have dental algenate if you need it for making the mold.
Dont mind contributing to this Just let me know.
Thanks.
Jon

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 5 months ago #50470

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Andrew, MadProps and Brian. Whoever is is making the step pads and/or molds, you can put me down for 4 white ones provided that I can pay for them. I don't want a John Gibson deal where he shows up in his Santa Claus suit and gives them away free. If there's a cost involved I fully expect to pay my share. Let me know. Thanks in advance.
Shipster

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 4 months ago #51302

I have pulled the best pad I have off the boat today and cant find the silicone RTV I mold material I had

so Andrew before I order another 1 lb. silicone kit $36
I dont see where we need a flexible mold here especially for a final casting thats flexible.....it seems to me we could do this cheaply with a plaster mold & we could seal off the plaster with a light coat of epoxy
any objection to a solid cast plaster mold?

Michael

Re:1957 Crosby Capri 12 years 4 months ago #51306

• bseguin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
No objection here. It seems to serve the same purpose for cheaper.

Brian

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6516 guests and 2 members online