Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat Transport

Boat Transport 13 years 4 months ago #19509

Does anyone have any ideas for transporting boat from West Virginia to New England? There is an 18' boat on trailer that I am trying to move east or north east. Same old story others may have faced transport at $1 to $2. per mile quickly exceeds value of boat. 800 plus miles is just a little too far to go. Any thoughts or help would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat Transport 13 years 4 months ago #19512

Can't help out.

I just made a 1,490 mile trip - mainly to pick up a boat and bring it back home. If I had done just the boat and turn around to home it would have been 1,200 miles. Did some work stuff on the way home.

Andreas

Re:Boat Transport 13 years 4 months ago #19592

I can't help ya, but 800 miles is a cakewalk. I've picked up 3 boats in Salt Lake City. 1500 miles one way from my house here in Louisiana. Now, tell me I ain't addicted.... lol

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Boat Transport 13 years 4 months ago #19655

I too have made the long haul. Went to Travers City one March, ran into snow when I got there and had to make a second trip back to pick it up. Also been to South Carolina and New York a couple of times. But... I am getting older(maybe wiser) and am thinking there has to be an easier way. I have the name of a person that hauls for one of the Antique boat dealers will see if it pans out. The internet is a tease with boat just out of reach.

Re:Boat Transport 13 years 4 months ago #19680

I posted in a craigslist in the city I wanted a boat transported from and got an ok deal from someone coming my way.

You can also try www.uship.com it's a bid site. You post what you want to pay and see if anyone takes it.

Hello, World!!

Re:Boat Transport 13 years 4 months ago #19803

You also may try to contact members of the ACBS that you know in either area. If you don't need to make the move for a while there may be some heading north after wintering in the south.

Re:Boat Transport 13 years 4 months ago #20027

Uship.Com - post the load and be patient - the first responses will be in the range you've been offered but you'll find somebody looking for a gas money back haul. I paid $500 from Bakersfield CA to Denver last Spring.

Also check Yesterdays Tractors
www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/haulquery.pl
Those guys are hauling all over the country.

Re:Boat Transport 13 years 3 months ago #20716

I hope Im posting this right, but I'm new to this site and hobby and have found a boat in KS and Im looking to have it shipped to AZ. It is on a very roadworthy trailer with good tires, bearings & lights. Ive already contacted u-ship and have heard nothing back. Kevfin suggested posting on this site for someone who might be coming this way. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.
Finlover
BTW: Its a 16' 1958 aluminum Starcraft

Need Boat Transport - KS to AZ 13 years 3 months ago #20717

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Finlover, glad to have you join us. Your request will probably get more attention in the main forum, with a heading describing the basic request and details in the text. Good luck with getting her home, lotsa good folks all over the county/globe coming and going drop by here every now and then. Looking forward to seeing some pics when you do. We've got a great "Lummie" section here, called Alumi-Classics.

Mark

Re:Boat Transport 13 years 3 months ago #20718

halcyondays wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas for transporting boat from West Virginia to New England? There is an 18' boat on trailer that I am trying to move east or north east. Same old story others may have faced transport at $1 to $2. per mile quickly exceeds value of boat. 800 plus miles is just a little too far to go. Any thoughts or help would be great.

If you can get it to Albany NY, there's a place it can stay waiting for you to come over and pick it up. Namely my place.

Frank

Re:Boat Transport 13 years 3 months ago #20948

Just tried to post ad on craigs list for boat transport; from Detroit area to Boston area 16' boat on roadworthy trailer. My ad was flagged and removed within 5 min. If anyone is traveling that way...

Re:Boat Transport 13 years 2 months ago #22543

I'd recommend Uship. I've never used it for a boat, but I just had a great experience having a "pick-up only" eBay purchase brought to me from Michigan.

I would definitely recommend putting in a target price. I did that this time and got much lower bids than I had on previous attempts, when I just left it up to the carters to set a price.

Good luck.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)